Gaming Sony to Microsoft - This is how you trade games:

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Huh? You object to a funny picture of Kaz riding a pony to victory?
Report away mate.
You're not supposed to post images without text. You have to make some sort of comment.
Worst that'll happen is the post will be edited or trashed. You can always edit it yourself if you're worried.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ahh, cheers for the clarification :)
Fair enough if its a rule. Wasn't aware of it but it seems like something applied with discretion to prevent spamming etc.

Not concerned at all, he just didn't bother to actually say what his objection was like you took the time to do.
If mods dont like the anything I post they will do whatever they feel best, a non-mod condescendingly apologising then saying they objected to something without explanation just piqued my interest.

I think the pic spoke for itself, any tagline I gave it would only detract from the awesome.

Reactions: Rydian

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@OP video: it's arrogant and demeaning...but I gotta admit I chuckled.

There's one thing I'm wondering about, though. EA proposed to nintendo for the wiiu to have an always-online system. Nintendo refused. End result*: EA left nintendo with a few basic ports and nothing else in the pipeline. Now that Sony is so busy rubbing it in everyone's face that used games can be traded at will**...will that mean that EA is going for some contracted games and then cling to exclusives on the xbone?

*note: though this is never officially confirmed to be because of this, it's too coincidental to ignore
**okay, there's the alternative that they expect a whole flood of games that are so bad that even sony's directors try to pass it to each other...but I don't think that's their angle ;)

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

There's one thing I'm wondering about, though. EA proposed to nintendo for the wiiu to have an always-online system. Nintendo refused. End result*: EA left nintendo with a few basic ports and nothing else in the pipeline. Now that Sony is so busy rubbing it in everyone's face that used games can be traded at will**...will that mean that EA is going for some contracted games and then cling to exclusives on the xbone?

*note: though this is never officially confirmed to be because of this, it's too coincidental to ignore
**okay, there's the alternative that they expect a whole flood of games that are so bad that even sony's directors try to pass it to each other...but I don't think that's their angle ;)

Video is arrogant or demeaning. In the 90's companies were doing this all the time. This is basically Sony thinking like the consumer going "Wtf are you doing?!"

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I think it all comes down to if it sells, the games will be made for the platform. If the PS4 sells well then publishers will make their games available, even if it's DRM strategy isn't as anti-consumer as they would like/get on a the XBone.

The WiiU's problems in terms of 3rd party support have more to do with market share than anything else IMO. Even considering the extra effort needed to port 'new gen' games to the platform, if the market was big enough there would be ports of major franchises, however 'cut down' in graphics vs PS4/XBone (but perhaps with some kind of innovative gamepad features).

PS4/XBone are pretty damn similar in terms of architecture and performance (PS4 with a better GPU and higher bandwidth RAM), so porting games between the 2 will be relatively trivial. A WiiU version doesn't just have to be ported to a different architecture, it also has to be scaled down to meet the major performance gap. If there aren't enough projected sales to make that worthwhile it doesn't happen.

The market (us all) have to show with our $ that we prefer the PS4 model over that of the XBone. If that happens then the good games will be on the platform. Just like with the ps3/360 there will be a few exclusives in favour of each one, but the vast majority will be cross platform.
The PS4 being stronger in specs and the positive PR of all the DRM issues hopefully give it an edge. It would be really nice for MS to get a clear message the only way a large corporation understands.

Reactions: Rydian
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just love how Sony had obviously waited for the Microsoft conference , checked out the media/internet to see what people were disliking about it, and then created a whole section of their conference ( Be it a small section ) dedicated to trolling them with the fact that the PS4 is the opposite (in regards to those specific points )

Oh Sony how I love you ..... sometimes

TackyPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a Xbox fan but Microsoft have betrayed us. The only reason why I have played Xbox was because of Halo. Now I thinking on saying screw it and get a PS4.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
To those crying over Nintendo not getting praise for this. They're not cheering for Sony as "wow, Sony's the best for this innovative thing".. I think it's more "Whooo take that xbone! loool humor!"

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1001307_382142171890114_252359291_n.jpg

LOL at first comment.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Funny thing reading comments both here and online. Quite a few people expected both Sony and Microsoft to limit and DRM the next gen. Rumors and patents have been filed for quite a few things and people were ready to jump the hate bandwagon. Now that one has said something and the other something the opponent, everyone is "Oh, XX did it before..". Hell before this generation, we've never had to worry about something as asinine as used games being limited on a console. No one expected always online or such a restrictive DRM during the PS3/360/Wii generation and such a restrictive DRM never happened.

As for the WiiU, it did fine, but it was released for retail over 6 months ago. Does it surprise someone that the press and general opinion doesn't compare the WiiU to unreleased consoles when there are 2 different, successful companies spouting out about new (very similar in many ways) consoles?

As for the next generation in general, I'm still waiting a while before buying the new consoles. Any of them.

ps. I chuckled at the video. It was hilarious, especially after watching the whole the MS E3 press conference.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, misleading post, since with the Xdone you cannot use second hand games, even offline. The other applies to online play, a thing that already exists.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1