I am the official skribbler
OP
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I got a phone from eBay, and it has bootloop, but I haven't found a way to fix it. I have tried using the Xperia Companion software and Flashboot, but neither detect the phone. I have also tried using 3 different generic USB micro-B cables. One of them makes the phone flash a red and green light, and I am able to press power + volume up to make the light blue and have it vibrate. I tried that on a Chromebook and it detected it, something about connecting to android apps or something. Unfortunatley, I think I lost it, so I'll be looking around for it and see if it will be detectable on Windows. Anyway, another makes the phone have a red light, and another makes the phone have a red charging indicator and the screen comes on, but then it keeps cycling through that (bootloop). Is there a special software I need to use, and/or do I need to use an original Xperia c3 cable?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Right from the beginning: I'm still a noob with anything concerning Android.

When doing my experiments with a Sony Xperia Z (Yuga) and a Sony Xperia Z3C (Aries) I software bricked them both by faithfully following tutorials for installing LineageOS. To revive them (official Sony tool refused because of unlocked bootloader), I used something named Sony Mobile Flasher or Flash Tool or something like that – together with XperiFirm which allows downloading the stock ROM files right from the official servers.
Don't ask me how to put the phone into download mode / flash mode or into Fastboot or whatever is needed for reflashing the official firmware. It should be pretty easy to find online and/or the Flash Tool might even tell you (it was too long ago) what you have to do. Windows requires installing some drivers before (it's Windows, what do you expect?) and I had trouble back then with Windows Defender thinking the flashing app was malware.

In the end the Flash Tool revived both phones (now running both LineageOS Android 11)

susbaconhairman

OP
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I can't use the Sony Flash Tool, because the device's bootloader is locked. I also forgot to mention that Sony Xperia Companion will detect the phone when the charging indicator is blue, it says that it's locked and I need to unlock it with a pin or sign into the Google Account on there (at least I know some kind of data is being transmitted, so it's not completely dead). I also dont think the battery is charging, I guess that would explain pressing the down key and plugging it in doesnt work when trying to get firmware on there.

susbaconhairman

OP
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the battery is charging, and it's only getting power from the USB. I know that the blue light means it's entering into some kind of recovery mode, and the phone has a microSD slot, so what if I could put a recovery file on there or something, and the phone could fix itself? Does such a thing exist? If not, then I could just put some wires from a split USB cable on the battery's contacts (I've done it before with a phone with a removable battery, so I know it's possible), and hook it up to a battery pack or a wall? I don't actually know which contacts are which on there, where can I find out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu