Sony's Official Statement Regarding PS3 Circumvention Devices

void03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Today, Sony Computer Entertainment released the following statement:

Important Access to the PlayStation Network and Access to Qriocity Services Notice

Unauthorized circumvention devices for the PlayStation 3 system have been recently released by hackers.

These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software. Use of such devices or software violates the terms of the “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation Network/Qriocity and its Community Code of Conduct provisions.

Violation of the System Software Licence Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System invalidates the consumer guarantee for that system. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws.

Consumers using circumvention devices or running unauthorized or pirated software will have access to the PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity services through PlayStation 3 System terminated permanently.

To avoid this, consumers must immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStation 3 systems.

Read the rest at source[/p]
icon11.gif
Source1 Source2

Hopefully i posted it right and whatnot.
Anyways, Sony has the ban hammer out from the looks of it.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
They have to get the BanHammer out to protect their console. Give people a concrete reason not to use the hacks and you avoid the majority using them. Its how the 360 has survived Jtagging and drive flashing with minimal damage (Ban console permanently for XBL when detected) so no doubt Sony would follow suit.
*feels safe with his hacked DS, PSP and Wii*

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
QUOTE said:
Rest assured, this message does not apply to the overwhelming majority of our users who enjoy the world of entertainment PlayStation 3 has to offer without breaching the guidelines detailed above, and we urge you to continue doing so without fear.

Lets face it peeps, approximately 95% of the people that jailbreak their consoles are doing this for one and only one major purpose: To be able to play pirated games.

Using backup loaders "because loading games through USB is more convenient" doesnt apply to the PS3. This isn't the Wii.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Using backup loaders "because loading games through USB is more convenient" doesnt apply to the PS3. This isn't the Wii.

What? Of course it does. It's a lot easier to run a back up without having to choose a game from a collection and then physically insert the disc than to not do so. Space limitations are pretty moot with the cheapness of 500-1000GB drives now.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think they realize there are millions of people who are not connected to the internet nor do they care about online gaming.

Just sayin...

(Seriously, I think I read something that said 2/3rds of consoles are still not connected to online services.)

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Sony does it, Microsoft does it, I wonder if Nintendo will raise their banhammer with the new 3DS due for release in America next month?
Whey won't need a banhammer, they'll just use the auto-update to squash any hacks. on the 3ds

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
emigre said:
Good. I hate online cheaters.

i honestly wouldn't have a problem if it werent for the cheaters

lets say i feel kind of robbed when i paid 60$ for MW2, and then a blew another 30$ on DLC and i cant enjoy this game anymore

even though its more of a Developer issue, i still actually support sony in what thy are doing here, again ppl agreed to their TOS - its not as if they didn't tell us so.

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just recieved an email from Sony telling me I have to delete all unauthorised and pirated software or I'd get banned from PSN.
Apparently I still had some game data on there.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"360... survived......and drive flashing"- drive flashing only allows copied games and no hacks beyond that which can be done on even stock systems (give or take the odd disc swap hack).

In other news and I said on IRC I await a flood of nice new prehacked banned consoles to flood the second hand market especially when the inevitable stealth hacks arrive.
I can not wait.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
These people (who don't even cares for online) will not be affected.
No offense but online is mostly for people with no friends or people who don't see their friends often.

I've met some interesting people online, and enjoyed slaying hundreds of zombies alongside them(Black Ops). it's mostly a social thing that binds people to having online.

I'll just have to throw LAN parties at my house now.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
LOL, on Neogaf people are already reporting that Sony is sending e-mails asking people with CFW to stop or they'll get banned.

EDIT: Just as @Mad_Boy said here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM