SoulCalibur VI trailer showcases new and returning characters

Bandai Namco JP has uploaded a new SoulCalibur VI trailer to their channel, revealing a brand new character, "Groh", as well as three returning cast members, "Nightmare", "Xianghua", and "Kilik". The three-minute trailer gives a quick showcase of the movesets and gameplay of newly announced characters. SoulCalibur VI is set to launch this year in Japan/North America/Europe, for Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4.

:arrow: Official Site

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree. I hope they learned something from SCV though. That game was just... No...

latest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weapon change has been there since the first game in the franchise, soul edge.
but I agree that character creation is unnecessary in a fighting game and always carry problems.
The creation is fine, it's the weird stat stuff that SC4 did that I didn't particularly enjoy, because it has what I call the "WoW effect" where you'll have to choose either between having actually viable stats, or looking aesthetically pleasing, you very rarely had a combination of both.

That said, the stats in SC4 were purely optional and had a mode dedicated to them and it was exclusive to that mode and the weird tower thing. I'd be okay with that coming back so long as there's a normal-tower mode that doesn't rely on the stats. Character creation is one of the biggest selling points in games like Soul Calibur for me and I love having it.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I demand Ivy. Her sword/chain weapon is awesome. Sometimes I play as stick guy too. Not enough to know his name though.

Reactions: Ricken

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to talk shit on the graphics here, most fighting games look pretty good, but.....

the general consensus is that Racing games can look super realistic and detailed because there isn't much other than the cars and tracks to render.

Why aren't fighting games more realistic with their small arenas and fighting stages?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol