Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a pre-build reinand 3.0 without the splash? I am dropping rxtools like a rock since I end up using separate tools anyways, so reinand is ideal, just looking for the fastest original looking boot possible =)

Thinking about it now it's likely just as safe putting a black 1kb black splash bin in place right? I doubt boot speed is impacted much including the code to load the splash.
You can delete line " loadSplash();" in main.c, then compile. Should remove splash entirely

Reactions: Sniffynose

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can delete line " loadSplash();" in main.c, then compile. Should remove splash entirely

I'm curious is there any time to boot difference? I just loaded a black splash.bin, like I did before with rxtools lol, if there's only like a second difference, no point messing with the build.

Thanks for the tip on complete removal.

I'd like to remove the arm9 section since region patching is handled by other apps for me and also screenshots are something I don't bother with.

Ideally I want to rebuild it as simple and lightweight as possible.

Last edited by Sniffynose,

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So, I just tried to open some non-cryptofixed 9.6+ CIAs, and they just hung on the boot screen, like they did on 9.5 without a cryptofix. Is this a known problem, or it's just me?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So, I just tried to open some non-cryptofixed 9.6+ CIAs, and they just hung on the boot screen, like they did on 9.5 without a cryptofix. Is this a known problem, or it's just me?
yeah i think reinand still uses the old firm right? but i think it works on gw, try it there if you can

Kikario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im a little confused, the guide I used to hack my N3DS had me not use reinand because of something to do with encrypted firmware? So I wouldnt be able to use reinand to update my emunand right? Im using menuhax and rxtools right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So im a little confused, the guide I used to hack my N3DS had me not use reinand because of something to do with encrypted firmware? So I wouldnt be able to use reinand to update my emunand right? Im using menuhax and rxtools right now.
Well actually I do have data folder in my rxtools with files 0004013820000002orig.bin and 0004013820000002.bin

Sorry if these are real stupid questions I just want to be very very sure if I can use reinand to update to 10.3

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Well actually I do have data folder in my rxtools with files 0004013820000002orig.bin and 0004013820000002.bin

Sorry if these are real stupid questions I just want to be very very sure if I can use reinand to update to 10.3
Yes, Reinand can update to 10.3. Truth be told, I believe it was the first public CFW to allow it.

Kikario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Reinand can update to 10.3. Truth be told, I believe it was the first public CFW to allow it.
There shouldnt be any reason it bricks then? Is there a link to a tutorial on how to update my N3DS with reinand? I never tried updating it to 9.5 because I was just spoofing all my games.

It was, then I think the next day Cakes had support. Still waiting for RxTools to join the fun.
ok hold up now lol so I CANT use this method since im booting rxtools?

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There shouldnt be any reason it bricks then? Is there a link to a tutorial on how to update my N3DS with reinand? I never tried updating it to 9.5 because I was just spoofing all my games.

Just switch from RxTools to ReiNand. It's easy, your emuNAND won't lose anything.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

If you switch to Reinand, sure, you can update right away. But no, if you try to go back to RxTools after updating your emuNAND, it will no longer boot in RxTools. It doesn't support 9.6+ on N3DS yet.

Kikario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just switch from RxTools to ReiNand. It's easy, your emuNAND won't lose anything.
How would I go about even doing that? Is there any tutorial about switching or would i just install reinand and boot it instead of rxtools?

If you switch to Reinand, sure, you can update right away. But no, if you try to go back to RxTools after updating your emuNAND, it will no longer boot in RxTools. It doesn't support 9.6+ on N3DS yet.
Thank you, both of you, not sure if I want to switch or just wait it out for rxtools.

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
How would I go about even doing that? Is there any tutorial about switching or would i just install reinand and boot it instead of rxtools?

Thank you, both of you, not sure if I want to switch or just wait it out for rxtools.
Do you use any of the tools of RxTools. Do you use the built in regionfree? If you do, wait for RxTools 3.0. If not, download ReiNand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Minox @ Minox: Where it's not legal it tends to be drunkards that don't give a damn