Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, 3.3 can't be used with "v1" a9h right? I'm guessing I need the screen init version? My 3ds won't boot after replacing all the reinand and a9h file and I can't investigate until after work. :(

It black screens on power up and doesn't shut down without a hard shut down. Does it need L depressed or something new? Pry just screen init a9l?

From 3.2, All I had to do was copy the new files over and replace old files and also adding the a9lh file into the rei folder. Tried to do this over wirelessly with "microSD card management" didn't work, tried again by plugiing it into a card reader and worked then.

Reactions: Classicgamer

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From 3.2, All I had to do was copy the new files over and replace old files and also adding the a9lh file into the rei folder. Tried to do this over wirelessly with "microSD card management" didn't work, tried again by plugiing it into a card reader and worked then.

That is how I installed it-over the air. I'll try it your way later and update.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions for those of you using a9lh now:

1.) How worry-free has the process gotten? Are there still significant risks of bricking without a hard mod?
2.) I noticed a lot of usage of system formatting during the OTP dump guide. Does this lead to issues with using old saves and/or problems with nnid linking? Or does all of that clear up when you flash the backed up emunand/sysnand images once you have the OTP?

kralde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!
What's the meaning of:
  • Crude version of sysnand re-implemented (firmlaunch)
  • What's the difference between reinand 3.3 and reinand 3.3 a9lh?
thanks a lot >_<

Last edited by kralde,

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
FYI, I tried the latest release on N3DSXL, but I still have the same 3D issue that requires close and open lid solution. Maybe I missed something?
I then tried Aureinand's latest release, and there's no 3D issue anymore. Tested on Emunand, no A9LH.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
What's the meaning of:
thanks a lot >_<

Guessing it means he added some code for booting into sysnand with the signature checks patched out. The mention of firmlaunch probably means that he is utilizing firmlaunch to do it, which means it uses the firmware.bin on the sd card (so 9.2 sysnand with the 2.50 kernel, instead of 9.2 with the 2.46 kernel like you would get if you boot sysnand without cfw). This also probably means you should avoid using things like sysupdater with reinand 3.3 in sysnand mode.

Reactions: klear and kralde

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please forgive my ignorance. I asked in another thread but it keeps getting overlooked. When using this CFW, how would one go about launching homebrew, or the homebrew launcher?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please forgive my ignorance. I asked in another thread but it keeps getting overlooked. When using this CFW, how would one go about launching homebrew, or the homebrew launcher?

Are you wanting to launch homebrew from inside the cfw, or instead of the cfw?

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
What's the meaning of:
thanks a lot >_<

A9lh is for those cold booting into Reinand after having gotten their otp and complied an a9l.3dsx. You can't use it if you didn't do that- use 3.3 and menuhax then.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A few questions for those of you using a9lh now:

1.) How worry-free has the process gotten? Are there still significant risks of bricking without a hard mod?
2.) I noticed a lot of usage of system formatting during the OTP dump guide. Does this lead to issues with using old saves and/or problems with nnid linking? Or does all of that clear up when you flash the backed up emunand/sysnand images once you have the OTP?

I don't think there's a significant brick risk anymore, and even before I feel it was low. Just make sure you follow the guide step by step.

As far as all the formatting I didn't want to play around with my main 128gb micro sd card so I created a new emunand on the stock 4gb card and did it all with that so I could just pop my 128gb back in once I restored sysnand and be right back where I left off.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Always nice to have a release!

Can you elaborate on a few things?

Who was smart patching not fully implemented before?
Why is sysnand implementation crude in your eyes?
What does new MPU settings mean?
Can you change my cat box?
1) its been implemented for a while.. just never made a release of it
2) its crude because its firmlaunch and not parsing nand
3) MPU settings are just coprocessor stuff to settup permission on memory regions.
4)lolwut

Also, 3.3 can't be used with "v1" a9h right? I'm guessing I need the screen init version? My 3ds won't boot after replacing all the reinand and a9h file and I can't investigate until after work. :(

It black screens on power up and doesn't shut down without a hard shut down. Does it need L depressed or something new? Pry just screen init a9l?
it wont work on old a9lh out of the box.. you'd need to recompile with splash commented out probably

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello!
What's the meaning of:
thanks a lot >_<

ReiNAND as it has been has not supported launching sysNAND (so not emunand) for a while. ReiNAND has been emuNAND only for a while, unlike CakesFW or rxTools.
REASON WHY THIS GOT IMPLEMENTED IS...

A9LH is short for arm9loaderhax, which is new firm level hax you can install on your console. Because it is first thing that happens when you power up it means you now can get arm9 level launching of shit from boot, meaning CFW or whatever. IF YOU PROTECT YOUR FIRM UPDATING (which is the block on your System NAND including now A9LH instead of actual FIRM) you can use CFW's without emunand and even update it. If you do not protect your firm stuff can get bricked.

Most people are not (and probably should not install) arm9loader users. It is (somewhat) risky operation including downgrade to 2.1 and then compiling the installer yourself, and you better be sure your compile went right or... Well. I remember doing that myself and for first 30 seconds installing it I was sure I bricked my console... Until I realized it just turns off because I had not put a BIN for the hax to boot on my SD yet.

Overall currently it is a lot of work for slight improvement in hacked 3DS lyfe.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So should we use the a9lh 3.3 version of this or should we use auireinand still?

Use whichever suites your needs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1) its been implemented for a while.. just never made a release of it
2) its crude because its firmlaunch and not parsing nand
3) MPU settings are just coprocessor stuff to settup permission on memory regions.
4)lolwut

it wont work on old a9lh out of the box.. you'd need to recompile with splash commented out probably

Ok cool, thanks for the info! Now I've got a plan of action.

As far as crude sysnand operation goes...does it really matter to the end user?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share