South Park: Stick of Truth to get Switch port

header.jpg

While the Nintendo Switch saw the release of the recent South Park game, The Fractured But Whole, the previous South Park game hadn't got the chance to be on the platform. Now, that's about to change, as Ubisoft plans to bring South Park: The Stick of Truth to the Nintendo Switch. This wasn't given a major official announcement, but it was listed within Ubisoft's recent financial report, showing the game being on tap for the company's Q2 (Jul-Sept) schedule. It'll also be a digital only title, and won't be getting a physical release. South Park: The Stick of Truth originally launched on PC, 360, and PS3 in 2014, and would see a later release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

:arrow: Source

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol, you'll be dead and forgotten by everyone long before nintendo is.

I hope so, but the way Nintendo is these days with minimal exclusives, always underpowered, and now charging for online, I'd rather play Mario Kart & bros on a Xbox, like Sega games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The first game should of been released with the second as a double pack for the same price, not released afterward.
It's an old game like most of switch's main library.
Looking forward to the downfall of the switch and Nintendo as a whole after all these old games releasing and them charging a fee for their online service, a complete joke.
True, that would have been better. But either way the end result is the same.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I did enjoyed The Fractured But Whole, I do prefer Stick of Truth. I liked the combat system better, and it was more "shocking" with the content. Big Gay Al sitting on opponents, fighting on your parents bed with your dad's balls in the background, going on the alien spaceship and seeing Randy getting an anal probe....just wasn't as much shocking content in Fractured But Whole..yes, you had the Jared Fogle fight and the Catholic Priests, but that was really it as far as shocking content IMO...maybe I was just expecting too much....

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The first game should of been released with the second as a double pack for the same price, not released afterward.
It's an old game like most of switch's main library.
Looking forward to the downfall of the switch and Nintendo as a whole after all these old games releasing and them charging a fee for their online service, a complete joke.
*have

Also, don't you think that you're a little overly dramatic? The second South Park game is on the Switch, so what stopped them from porting the first one as well? The Stick of Truth got high praise because it managed to be as faithful to the show as possible. Why would anybody skip on this just because you said so?

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Awesome!! Just what the Switch needs! Another game that everybody already has on multiple, previous generation consoles/PC. Nintendo's days are numbered... If Nintendo thinks they are going to stay relavent by porting all the games over from Xbox, PS4, and PC, then they have missed the plot. Nintendo's success and value with the consumer over the years has always come from exclusive content that is DIFFERENT than all the other stuff out there. Besides, who wants to play PC/Xbox/PS4 games on a Switch/tablet that is barely more powerful than an Iphone 6???. Nintendo... You're missing the plot... Yes indeed, your days are numbered...

Last edited by xpoverzion,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

but the other systems all already profited from the stick of truth and few if any would've bought it again. so giving it as a freebie didn't lose them anything. not to mention that porting it one generation into the future was very likely incredibly easy.
for the switch crowd, it might very well be a "new" game and porting it over did cost them money.

so no, it wouldn't make sense to give it away for free.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
but the other systems all already profited from the stick of truth and few if any would've bought it again. so giving it as a freebie didn't lose them anything. not to mention that porting it one generation into the future was very likely incredibly easy.
for the switch crowd, it might very well be a "new" game and porting it over did cost them money.

so no, it wouldn't make sense to give it away for free.
what? lol you do know codding for xbox360/ps3 has nothing to do with codding to xb1/ps4

ps3 and xbox were ppc machines and ps3 cell processor was a pain to code, xbox1 and ps4 are x86 machines with no ppc codding so they did the same amount of work porting the game from ps3 to ps4 as porting the game from ps3 to switch its still porting to the future because switch is way stronger than a ps3 so they only needed to port the game engine like they did before same development cost and all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1