Hacking [SPECULATION] Current State of Affairs for 3DS Flash Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00100100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it has a built-in flasher? I read a document on updating ProAsic FPGAs and something like that was mentioned.

No, it doesn't have a built-in "flasher". That is just not necessary. All you need is some device that can speak the interface of JTAG. This can be done with some sort of micro-controller that can read a FPGA image from the SDSH card and then translate the commands to serial JTAG, or you could have some USB port hooked to a micro-controller that converts the USB packets into serial JTAG commands.

shango46

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, good one. In the order you listed... Real, Real, False, Likely but not conclusive, No Comments, He seems like an awesome dude. The plane? If it was just the malaysian government searching, it would be no surprises that they ████████████████████████. From what I've heard the malaysian governments level of competency is ████████████.

Is this something you did intentionally, or did I miss something? What is up with the black censor bars?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its time to nail this thread shut. Threads like these breed far too much wild speculation that devolves into caustic arguments over subject matter that has little more substance than the shadow of a unicorn's dream. Secondly, using the thread as a platform to bash other members opinions with passive aggressive comments is not only immature, but also rude.

This thread has gone out of its way to antagonize members who do not deserve it, simply because their opinions are a tad different. Nevermind a member deciding to leave the forums because of the abrasive views of certain sharped-tongued posters.

Subsequently created threads of this nature will be locked and the OPs be given warnings.

47127-smhead.png
47127-smhead.png
47127-smhead.png

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can you blame him? I can't. There's only so much you can take when a thread devloves into taking cheap shots against you and another respected developer. I should've known that this would happen, I should've known the moment I first set foot in this thread, but I hate playing the role of a backseat moderator and there was a glimmer of hope that something constructive might come out of this discussion, but no - just cheap shots directed at profi200 and smealum, who are both fantastic scene developers and have my utmost respect.

I'm saddened that it has come to this, that the staff has to step in just to cut baseless insinuations against other members of the forums short, and respectable members at that. Time after time profi200 posted in-depth information about the inner workings of the 3DS, provided hints and was generally helpful in all 3DS-related threads, but now he left because some users felt like chasing imaginary premises. I hope he changes his mind, I hope that he cools off and realizes that while we have threads like this occasionally, we also have the 3DS homebrew thread full of avid coders who don't want to pressure anyone into releasing any code or spin wild theories, they just want to be bestowed with wisdom and council of other more knowledgeable scene developers.

BortzANATOR is entirely right - there is no place for abuse like this. We should've stuck to the original staff decision about speculation threads and close this one because this is what they almost always amount to - nothing concrete and casualties on both sides. Again, I'd like to apologize to both profi200 and to smealum, since they were the talk of the thread, I hope you will not be discouraged by the vocal few and that you will continue to contribute your knowledge and wise council to those who actually need it, not for fame, rather for the greater good of the newly-forming scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?