Hacking Splatoon 2 hacked

Do you think this is a real hack

• Total voters

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe his energy would have been better spent on hacking the console, not the game.
how would you hack a Switch game without hacking the console ? This make no sense.
as i said, ive never used it, but it says it can read/write memory which is all you need. im not sure of the specific limitations of pegaswitch
only the ram of the browser, not the games. (not yet)

But I am suspicious, I doubt a random guy would hack the console to write to game memory.

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I don’t even understand is going on here. I mean, I don’t have Splatoon 2, so I don’t know if this is something I’d recognize from it and is different or something. But as far as I’m seeing there’s someone saying they’ve “hacked splatoon 2” and showing screenshots that “prove” it? Like...even if it’s a hoax I think I’m missing something.

Mikaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I don’t even understand is going on here. I mean, I don’t have Splatoon 2, so I don’t know if this is something I’d recognize from it and is different or something. But as far as I’m seeing there’s someone saying they’ve “hacked splatoon 2” and showing screenshots that “prove” it? Like...even if it’s a hoax I think I’m missing something.
I haven't updated my Splatoon 2 because I'm sticking with 3.0.2 (the eFUSEs scare me...), but from what I can tell, Blackbelly Skatepark isn't an actual map in Splatoon 2, and this is a custom map.
The major difference from Blackbelly in Splatoon 1 and this version is that the tower in the middle is shorter in 2.

Hope this helps! (And I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong...)
(sent from a Samsung Galaxy S5, so... uh... yeah.)

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
If this is a thing, he can't have used pure PegaSwitch to do it. In order to mess with anything outside of WebKit, you'd need - at minimum - some kind of kernel exploit (either memory writes or preservation of memory contents). No matter which way you spin it; some serious console hacking has to have gone on behind the scenes.

(Possible theory: could the Switch be running through a proxy and delivering custom map rotations? Would need an SSL workaround of some kind.)

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I haven't updated my Splatoon 2 because I'm sticking with 3.0.2 (the eFUSEs scare me...), but from what I can tell, Blackbelly Skatepark isn't an actual map in Splatoon 2, and this is a custom map.
The major difference from Blackbelly in Splatoon 1 and this version is that the tower in the middle is shorter in 2.

Hope this helps! (And I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong...)
(sent from a Samsung Galaxy S5, so... uh... yeah.)

It is an actuall map. It got added in one of the updates that happened after 1.12, so either 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4. Traces of Blackbelly were found in an earlier version of the game and it is the next map that gets added into the game. It is not a custom map, otherwise I can use the same argument to say that Kelp Dome and Moray Towers are custom maps because they are different in Splatoon 1.

-----------------------

Regarding the starting post: The gear is a fake image.

-----------------------

Also, since they loaded up Blackbelly Skatepark (something that got added after FW 3.02 or so got released), they either found a way to download updates with an old key/inject a new key, or did it on a newer FW version...

OatmealDome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe his energy would have been better spent on hacking the console, not the game.

I suggest following the (way more skilled) people who will bring you proper homebrew and game mods then. This is just something I did in my spare time for fun because I wanted to.

I don't know who he is (or maybe I do, but don't remember), and I really love this game, so I hope he will not make me go against a bunch of unkillable, special-spamming, super speed jackasses anytime soon, or ever.

I'll leave those mods to be created by the people who really want them (when PegaSwitch or others release their superior modding tools - I don't plan on releasing any of my own for Splatoon 2 at the moment). I really love the game too and wouldn't want to see it be overrun by those types of players. There's also the report function in the NSO app which Nintendo legitimately appears to be paying attention to, so perhaps we shouldn't be too worried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.