Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

OatmealDome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Duckling

What method were you thinking about for forcing night mode on maps? I just got it working through some byaml editing, though I haven't tested online yet.

EDIT: Fixed grammar. I spek english vry god!!

Last edited by OatmealDome,

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Seems like a good hack- Better than needing to change the wholeNNID Nickname thing!
Also, have you tested the whole Day to night thing?
I just got home, it'll take me 2-3 hours to set up, I'll get to it in a minute

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Duckling

What method were you thinking about for forcing night mode on maps? I just got it working through some byaml editing, though I haven't tested online yet though.
I think cafiine

paranormalCrystal

Trophies
XP
Country
@Duckling

What method were you thinking about for forcing night mode on maps? I just got it working through some byaml editing, though I haven't tested online yet though.
If you could tell us HOW ou done it, it would be a great help, meaning we can have more ways than one!
I might just set up cafiine tomorrow, as it really confuses me...I have no idea what I'm doing so I'd rather wait until someone actually figures out the mod, how to set it up and writes a more detailed tutorial.

Also, how does text editing seem with cafiine?

II tried installing cafiine...with the lack of my screen,I'm stuck, but I need to keep trying.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I'm requesting a python script to set coins to max. And another too give all weapons. Message me if you have one :). Will give credit in main thread.

OatmealDome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@paranormalCrystal

I just edited MapInfo.byaml, which contains information on all maps in the game (including some details on test maps not present in the retail copy!), and then replaced the original with cafiine. There's two particular tags/nodes called "Brightness" and "EnvHour". By default, Vss (multiplayer) maps have both set to "VS". Presumably, that signals the game to dynamically load the correct version of the map. Replacing "VS" with "Dark" (Brightness) and "Night" (EnvHour) forces the game to load in the Splatfest mode of the map. I tested both Turf Wars and Ranked online, it worked completely fine and I wasn't banned. I'm not sure if Ranked will behave properly on other mode and map combinations, however. There was one oddity I noticed while playing: I got the regular randomized battle BGM, but at the beginning the Splatfest match intro music played. If I was playing a Turf War match, the Splatfest last minute music would be played in the last minute.

Patching the file could be completely automated with a script (in fact, I have it partially automated already).

(Also, now that I think about it, we should experiment with some crazy combinations like Dark + Day and Bright + Night)

Last edited by OatmealDome,

paranormalCrystal

Trophies
XP
Country
I literally can't seem to get cafiine to run at all, and opening Splatoon just gives me an endless loop of music..Duckling- How did you install cafiine onto your wii u? I'm dying over here..

UnChosen1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if it is possible to create some kind of turbo button mod using the kernel exploit only? Many weapons in this game are tiring (and sometimes painful) to use due to the ridiculous mashing or rhythmic pressing required.

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Update: I have been successful in injecting a background in splatoon not yet dark splatfest one tho

-edit- nvm

I managed to download a Splatoon EUR WUD file expecting that some of the files in it could be read by NSTC. I'm not completely sure if they're compatable but my first run running a EUR .szs file on NSTC didn't go so well. I'll try again though

Last edited by Duckling,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...