Gaming Splatoon's out, and here's the pics and info!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I saw, a lot of early levels use Rollers (exactly because of the reasons you stated), while 10+ almost always use guns. Rollers-only and Gunners-only team were always shitty for me. But when I´m the only roller with 3 gunners to back me up, we are a lot more effective to cover territory.

That´s one more thing I forgot to mention, we absolutely NEED a way see which weapons our team plans to use, and have at least some seconds to change pre-battle. I was testing a charge gun and my team had 3 other people with charge guns, we lost horribly because those things were meant for killing, not painting...
I haven't played myself yet but from the few times I have sat down and watched my boys that is the part that has baffled me. No coordination of weapons selection. For or against voice chat, that needs to be changed.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I started playing Friday and I love it.
I don't play that much online games anymore but I used to play UT99 and MOHAA back in the time.

the story mode is kind of tutorialish at first but is becomes a true story as it progresses. the last boss gets really intense.

now on online mode. the random nature of the game is what makes it fun, you have to do your best to survive with the team the random number god selected for you and the same goes with the stats of your clothes.
the ones seeing the game as something serious in the competitive front are looking at the wrong place. this is a game to enjoy as mario kart where everything can happen.

I bought the inkling girl amiibo twice. I placed a backorder in zmart just in case but then I ordered in nippon-yasan to be sure to have it. turn out someone canceled his preorder and they processed my backorder and to ease the wait of the shipping I went to buy it. so in a few weeks I'll have another inkling girl amiibo.
the inkling girl gives charger challenges, that are story mode stages played with a charger weapon. after 4 of them you receive a part of the advertised clothes, the charger you where using in the challenges and a mini-game.

EDIT: @WiiCube_2013 : one question, how do you took those screenshots?? or you have a capture device??

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
^ Just use the Wii U browser, enter Tinypic/Imgur/etc and upload it.

3 other people with charge guns, we lost horribly because those things were meant for killing, not painting...
gunners have it easier than rollers as there's a quick response and can paint anything whereas rollers can't do that too well.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gunners have it easier than rollers as there's a quick response and can paint anything whereas rollers can't do that too well.

My only regret when using a roller: not being able to paint walls. I hope the brushes cover a smaller area than the rollers, but are able to paint walls as well, they sure look nice and are one of the weapons I´m waiting for :P

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
My only regret when using a roller: not being able to paint walls. I hope the brushes cover a smaller area than the rollers, but are able to paint walls as well, they sure look nice and are one of the weapons I´m waiting for :P
you are playing bad then. as I mained the roller in the testfire I know many tricks of the rollers, and the key to success is to tap ZR to spray paint ahead of you, you can use that to attack ahead(kind of with a shotgun) and paint walls to climb, just remember to point upwards. one of the worst errors of rollers is always point to the floor when isn't needed at all and become blind of your surroundings(and also point the killer wail to the floor).
that being said I'm using the aerospray mg for now, that thing shoots really fast. I'll use that until I have something with inkstrike of a newer roller.
if you find the rollers OP is because you haven't seen the inkstrike. rollers can be countered with some practice, but the inkstrike is guaranteed to paint your turf.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you are playing bad then. as I mained the roller in the testfire I know many tricks of the rollers, and the key to success is to tap ZR to spray paint ahead of you, you can use that to attack ahead(kind of with a shotgun) and paint walls to climb, just remember to point upwards. one of the worst errors of rollers is always point to the floor when isn't needed at all and become blind of your surroundings(and also point the killer wail to the floor).
that being said I'm using the aerospray mg for now, that thing shoots really fast. I'll use that until I have something with inkstrike of a newer roller.
if you find the rollers OP is because you haven't seen the inkstrike. rollers can be countered with some practice, but the inkstrike is guaranteed to paint your turf.

Yeah, I still didn´t play a lot to "main" a weapon. I don´t use much the Ink Spray of the roller (ZR), maybe it wasn´t good because I was always looking down, I will try to use that looking up.

I saw the Inkstrike, it´s a very cool Weapon, but I usually can´t fill my Special Gaugue more than 2 times in a match. I die a lot during a match and my gear is still 1 star and doesn´t have a lot of skill slots.

As for the Killer Wail, I hate using that. Maybe I don´t know how to use it, but it has a lot of delay, and it shows the path where it will shoot so it´s easy to dodge.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Yeah you can do that with the roller but if the gunner's faster you're a goner either way.

Not many rollers I've seen today and they know they'd be at loss if they used it.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah you can do that with the roller but if the gunner's faster you're a goner either way.

Not many rollers I've seen today and they know they'd be at loss if they used it.
well yeah, you need to play a little with ZL to hide and try to catch them off-guard, is an instakill after all. but at medium range you need to spray two time to kill and fast shooters like the aerospray mg and splattershot jr. can pose a serious treat. and doesn't help that the roller bundle doesn't come with burst bombs.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why is everyone so excited for this game? I dont see something special on it and it looks for little kids. If i am wrong i am sorry but could someone tell me whats so good in this game? should i buy it?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Why is everyone so excited for this game? I dont see something special on it and it looks for little kids. If i am wrong i am sorry but could someone tell me whats so good in this game? should i buy it?
Not exactly excitement but more of something refreshing and new to play on the Wii U. Wii U's been on a drought of games so it's no surprise that its customers are liking it more than they should.

I for myself, I like it but it's very incomplete, limited and unbalanced.

P.S.: The music is OK but sometimes it gets a tad annoying which made me wish I could turn down the volume but just like Mario Kart 8.. I can't. Sure I could do it via the TV but the sound effects matter.

Reactions: Rizzorules

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
you can try it and tell first had if is fun or not. think about it as what mario kart is to need for speed, splatoon is to unreal tournament.

I also love the kind of graphics the game use. realistic illumination and effects but cartoonish characters, that is also what attracted me of Modnations Racers and Ratchet & Clank.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

For me is the concept. I´ve seen a lot of shooters where you have to kill each other, but never one where you have to paint territory BESIDES killing each other.

Also, I find the characters cute and I like TPS over FPS.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think i will play it, after seeing more videos and reading your responses i changed of mind and now i think this game is a little bit different game as the other ones. Its just that i thought this game was awesome because i saw a lot of posts, threads and news about splatoons but now i see people likes it because is different

Last edited by Rizzorules,
Reactions: Brunho

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
For me is the concept. I´ve seen a lot of shooters where you have to kill each other, but never one where you have to paint territory BESIDES killing each other.

Also, I find the characters cute and I like TPS over FPS.

Instead of painting I lose myself in killing my opponents. :P

They definitely need to add a "Splat or be Splattered" mode instead of just painting the ground.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
    VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU: Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice +1