Gaming [Spoilers in Link] Kirby All Star Allies Demo Datamined

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/82cgul/spoilers_kirby_star_allies_datamined/

various things about the plot and post game have been datamined from the Star Allies demo.

It should be warned that there are spoilers if you decide to read what's in the link. To give you a brief spoiler free description, the game is very jam-packed post game, as to be expected with Kirby games after some of the Wii titles, so if you were worried about a lack of content, don't be. This plus the demo has definitely made Kirby a day one purchase for me.

Reactions: Scarlet

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your link is equal to spam. had to go through several different sites on each one until i got to the original article. consider your post reported. here is the real sauce.

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip*

On topic, I'm personally glad to see the copy abilities leaked. I only ever liked Kirby for the gameplay personally

*snip*

In any case, I haven't read a ton of the leak myself because I'm trying to keep it a partial surprise. I read just enough to know there's ton of post-game content, what some of that content is. It was more than enough for me to justify paying 60 bucks for it. Me and my girl love playing games like this and we were dying for a proper co-op. She's a Kirby fanatic and I'm in love with platformers.

Though, I am tempted to read more. I may do that when I have some time.

Last edited by porkiewpyne,
Reactions: Ricken

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spoilers...it's a KIRBY game. That's funny.
Well, unless you could tell me everything about this game without looking at the leak, it's relevant. The formula may not have changed much from previous titles, but there was plenty of content listed that I wasn't expecting.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, yippie yi yay! Another leak for the geeks, I guess. Tbh I’m not much of a Kirby fan, and the entire game franchise doesn’t make much sense to me, but I’m glad to see our datamining skills are on par, so yeah.

Reactions: Deathscreton

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not surprised that they would upgrade the True Arena into something else from the Super Smash Bros series.

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And people wonder why demos aren't more common.
There are ways around this. Instead of breaking off a portion of the main game and leaving back off code and information in the demo, plan on making a demo from the getgo and branch it off from the main game.

Of course, this is ALWAYS easier said than done. But if you're reeeeealy trying to keep this stuff a secret, you won't stick out information like this in a demo.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are ways around this. Instead of breaking off a portion of the main game and leaving back off code and information in the demo, plan on making a demo from the getgo and branch it off from the main game.

Of course, this is ALWAYS easier said than done. But if you're reeeeealy trying to keep this stuff a secret, you won't stick out information like this in a demo.
Completely building a demo from scratch is a ton more work - and even then, you forget one list of variables or whatever and that's it, all abilities/levels known.

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely building a demo from scratch is a ton more work - and even then, you forget one list of variables or whatever and that's it, all abilities/levels known.

They don't have to build it from scratch. When I was working with Unity, we ended up branching to demo off from the main game, but we developed both first. So the cycle was similar to this:

Ideas (we wanted a demo) -> Creation (we started development on the game) -> Demo (once we got to a point where there was enough material for a demo, we wrapped it up into a playable format, removing any information that would reveal future plans or mechanices) -> release the demo and continue development on the actual game.

We never built the demo from the ground up, but instead used what we had from the actual game to build the demo. Most games don't do this though, because they'd prefer the start of the game to remain a secret, thus will build the game with the game in mind, and only package portions of it to make a demo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...