Hacking Spoofing a Wii U from 5.5.1 > 5.5.2 and Disabling Updates

heratis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
doubtful. the system shouldn't update if it updates the conventional manner it should error on you. afaik, the update folder is just a temporarily folder much like the import folder for games and such. that content is then sent to its destination. I"m not sure what would happen if using a game though. a game update may not even touch the update folder. you can always recreate the folder. if you're paranoid about it. I"d suggest staying on 5.5.1 if you can. there's no real reason to update unless you want to hinder yourself.

thanks for your reply, I won't take the risk.

PlasticK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
is this compatible with coldboot haxchi 5.5.1 ?

i tried this multiple times with a lot of different versions of homebrew launcher and wupinstaller, through the browser exploit and nand installed hbl and it says it was installed successfully but it seems to do nothing. wup installer gx2 says this is no

my game black ops 2 still wants to do a system update before downloading the game update.

in this youtube video at 6:33 mins the guide says to verify the spoof go to system settings and it should show 5.5.2 as fw version. on cbhc it still shows 99.99.99

so i suppose this is only for ofw, right?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

i tried this multiple times with a lot of different versions of homebrew launcher and wupinstaller, through the browser exploit and nand installed hbl and it says it was installed successfully but it seems to do nothing. wup installer gx2 says this is no

my game black ops 2 still wants to do a system update before downloading the game update.

in this youtube video at 6:33 mins the guide says to verify the spoof go to system settings and it should show 5.5.2 as fw version. on cbhc it still shows 99.99.99

You have coldboot haxchi so just update to 5.5.2 as haxchi and all homebrew are compatible with 5.5.2 anyway.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

You need to boot without HaxchiFW to see the real version. You can do that by cancelling autoboot (IIRC a message appears telling you something like "press home to cancel autoboot" when you power on, press whatever button it says) and booting into HBL, then going back to the home menu by pressing Home to exit to Mii Maker, then Home again and "Close Software". I don't know if there's another way to boot stock OFW with CBHC but that way should work.
Also, the update blocking method in that video is no longer the recommended method, the method in the first post is much more failsafe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory