A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ferrariman said:
41% in to going to the store to buy it. Estimated time before I go to the store and buy it is 5 hours. seems that 174 other people are waiting to go to the store and buy it, too.

ROFL

yeah i'm only 14.3% in to going to the store to buy it. the line up is very loong (and moving slowly), and its gonna take a few days to get in. (i'm on my laptop, and there's wifi here, and i brought my tent ^^)

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
my f***ing graphics had cant support it.
is only 63 mb but the game needs 124 mb!!!! *cry* im waiting for the ps3 version

about those *cough*dark knight *cough*dvdrip*cough*
did anyone watched mummy 3 , is boring as hell. i loved the first mummy then it went downhill

spore movie coming out?!?!?: http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/898/898880p1.html

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hate to break it to you all... there are not going to be any Wii/PS3/360 versions... it's PC/Mac...

There's the "Spore Creatures" for the DS that takes place during the "2ed stage of life", and "Spore Origins" for cell phones that takes place during the "1st stage of life".

I was kinda disappointed with the game play... I'm about half way though the space stage, and it's the longest stage! I spent about 4 hours playing and got to space... and I'm 3 hours in space and only about half way thru...

It's nothing like the videos from a year ago... I thought Cell Stage would be just that... but nope! You get a pre-made creature, and spend about 20 minutes until land stage.

If anyone wants a full review, let me know. I can write one up tomorrow. Big night out with the wife (our anniversery!)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll get it off Amazon when I order my screen.
May get Mercenaries 2 at the same time as well, depending on what mood I'm in lol.
Right now I have FFX to play on the PS2 emulator though, and it's just as addictive as I remember it was first time round.

QUOTE said:
Hate to break it to you all... there are not going to be any Wii/PS3/360 versions... it's PC/Mac...
Yes there is, even for the iPhone.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
zidane_genome said:

There's the "Spore Creatures" for the DS that takes place during the "2ed stage of life", and "Spore Origins" for cell phones that takes place during the "1st stage of life".

I was kinda disappointed with the game play... I'm about half way though the space stage, and it's the longest stage! I spent about 4 hours playing and got to space... and I'm 3 hours in space and only about half way thru...

It's nothing like the videos from a year ago... I thought Cell Stage would be just that... but nope! You get a pre-made creature, and spend about 20 minutes until land stage.

If anyone wants a full review, let me know. I can write one up tomorrow. Big night out with the wife (our anniversery!)

Yes, the Wii/PS3/360 versions are confirmed (it's EA after all
tongue.gif
), there are no details or screens or anything about those yet, thought..

Yep, the space stage is huge.. I'm in that for a long time now.. the number of planets you have to explore and the things you can do are very cool.. but defending your planet is too hard and very annoying! Really, why the hell do you have only one ship while everyone else comes to attack you with at least five!? And why do they have to attack you every 5 minutes!? I want to explore the universe, travel through the planets, get more races on my alliance BUT I CAN'T CAUSE EVERY FIVE MINUTES I NEED TO GO BACK TO MY HOME PLANET TO DEFEND IT!
hate2.gif

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spore? More like Bore, amirite??

I was seriously disappointed in this. Getting through the first 4 "stages" in one sitting was a shock. Mostly at how shallow the gameplay is. This game was delayed how many times? And for what? The space stage is ok so far, but it is far from captivating and I haven't once been "wow'ed" by anything.

It gets a solid "meh" and a lone tear of disappointment.
frown.gif

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
jumpman17 said:
Prime said:
I was going to download it but I couldn't be bothered.

Downloaded The Dark Knight dvd rip rather
tongue.gif

*cough*dvdscreener*cough*notdvdrip*cough*

I'm only 2/3rds of the way through the second stage and I'm bored already.

oh I read it wrong
tongue.gif

Still fantastic quality
!!!
I was NOT AWARE of a good quality dark knight out there
MUST HAVE

But then on topic - Spore char. creator didn't interest me, but I'll have to check out how Spore itself is.
Spore on DS seemed pretty lame from first views though

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the 2nd stage I believe, I killed and destroyed 50 other Species. Which Usally is done in several times around RAWR

Enix-zae

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.drunkduck.com
XP
Country
Ive had it for a week now, and while its a decent game, its not as great as i hoped. Many stages i have had to play through twice because i just didn't 'get' it the first time. Namely the resource management of the civ stage and the space stage (which is the biggest let down in the game)

I'm also dissapointed at the lack of the documentary in the au galactic edition. Especially since it cost $140 here (WTF MATE?)

but no point crying over spilled eggs. Its still a decent game, just not as deep as i had hoped.

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game got boring after the 3rd person killing ended for me. I believe it wouldn't have been such a horrible letdown if it hadn't been delayed for years and years building up anticipation for the best game ever.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been hooked on this for the past few days. Space is really fun to me once you start upgrading your ship. Getting to the Center of the Universe was simple when you found the shortcut... I guess I can say I wasn't disappointed because I didn't follow the hype. I didn't watch every trailer. I played the game expecting what I saw and I was not let down. Yeah it's repetitive but so is every Maxis game pretty much. It's still fun to me. Civilization stage still sucks though. And of course, it's a Maxis game. That means this game will be Expansion pack-tastic.

Oh yeah, and taking down the Epic Big Daddy in the Tribe stage is still one of my favorite moments to date.
bigdaddy.png

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Might not be as great as the hype.. still, it's kind of what I was expecting.. when I've heard about the different stages, it was obvious to me that it would be too hard to give depth to all of them and balance them all nicely..

Still, Spore is a very ambitious project, Will Wright has a lot of guts to try something like this.. might not be the best game of the this decade, but it's certainly one of the most original ones and it will certainly influence a lot of games in the next years..

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Well, I've been hooked on this for the past few days. Space is really fun to me once you start upgrading your ship. Getting to the Center of the Universe was simple when you found the shortcut... I guess I can say I wasn't disappointed because I didn't follow the hype. I didn't watch every trailer. I played the game expecting what I saw and I was not let down. Yeah it's repetitive but so is every Maxis game pretty much. It's still fun to me. Civilization stage still sucks though. And of course, it's a Maxis game. That means this game will be Expansion pack-tastic.

Oh yeah, and taking down the Epic Big Daddy in the Tribe stage is still one of my favorite moments to date.
What's with the torchics?
tongue.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been playing it on and off , got up to the civilization stage. My creatures are blood thirsty , made no friends , just been wiping out the other species.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"