• Views 31,930
  • Replies 85
  • Likes 8

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've just tested out the Starwing 2 conversion patch, and it is actually missing something: it's not in 50hz... but 60hz instead. Which is not right...

I'm sure it will be fixed in no time ^^

Edit: Also, in both official versions of Star Fox 2, Snes9x doesn't emulate all the 3D graphics properly. For example, Andross is missing some polygons in it's second phase on hard mode. Is there any better emulator that can emulate that properly?

Well, it's a title hack and not a PAL conversion.

If you want 50Hz you only have to hexedit the region byte in the rom header and fix the rom for region checks.

D

Deleted User

OP

If you want 50Hz you only have to hexedit the region byte in the rom header and fix the rom for region checks.
Yes, and add black borders to the top and bottom of the Screen for an authentic 1996 PAL Adaption.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Do you know where the region check bytes and region bytes are located in the ROM? If I can change them to be exactly PAL version, then it would be very identical to that of the PAL release.

Also, I've heard on some ROM site that there was an official PAL version was made with multi-language and never released, but I highly doubt that was true, because most games back then used separate carts (Game Paks) for each European country, each with a different language applied. Afaik, there was only an English and German release of the original Star Fox. If a PAL version was officially made, it would've been the same thing.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, I read about multilanguages and pal releases... The rom is 8mbit (1MB) in size so I don't think that PAL release would be multilanguage.

Yoshi's Island was 16mbit and there was enough free space to add french and german translations...

Yo can remove checks with snestool.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think most people have noticed this, but I've noticed there's two graphical bugs in Star Fox 2. I can confirm they're actually to do with the game itself, not the emulator, since it happens on the SNES Classic Edition as well. One of them occurs during the second phase of the Andross battle on Hard Difficulty, where only the outer part of his head and the right eye shows, as well as his hands. The other graphical bug occurs at the Corneria Fell screen. Perhaps the US and Japanese versions of the ROM might need a bit of bugfixing as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxvzFnWCu0