Gaming Star Fox 64 3D Discussion

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Ya but it's still best to keep it out of here. We all know that its an invitation for some half retarded nitwit to come in here and be like "HEEEEEY! " and start a flameorgy.
That's true, it tends to happen when FF7 or OoT are mentioned.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never heard of the beat 100 enemies thing I always just beat the boss before he stood on his ship and got the hard route >> so I guess try both and be safe about it?

Also machomuu was right in how I meant what I said
smile.gif
. That said I'm sorry because of at the time of post I wasn't thinking about how that could be taken as flamey material just trying to make a comparison. I shall keep that subject away from here now!

Karaflaga Tumeeg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BrightNeko said:
I never heard of the beat 100 enemies thing I always just beat the boss before he stood on his ship and got the hard route >> so I guess try both and be safe about it?

smile.gif
. That said I'm sorry because of at the time of post I wasn't thinking about how that could be taken as flamey material just trying to make a comparison. I shall keep that subject away from here now!

I assure you that you are 100% wrong.

The only condition is the 100 kills, nothing else.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
BrightNeko said:

smile.gif

You don't need 100 kills, just 100 points.

Karaflaga Tumeeg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
BrightNeko said:

smile.gif

You know what I bloody mean!
angry.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got this game yesterday. I never played the original Starfox 64 so this game is new to me. While I think the gameplay is great (kinda like Panzer Dragoon), I don't think it's worth 40 bucks. I see that there are alternate routes and replay value, but it's still not enough content.

Edit:
Forgot to say that the graphics are great and a lot better than on N64. Unfortunately the German voice acting is terrible. Fox sounds like a kid.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the English Slippy sounds like a girl.
ShadowSoldier: I know what you mean. I much prefer an Arwing and even Blue-Marine to the Landmaster.

So the original had first person? I haven't played it, but that would have been nice to see on this.

SoulSnatcher: I was playing Zoness today, and the look of the water really caught my eye too.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the original you could go into a first person view (not just in all range mode) but they removed it for some reason.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
nano351 said:
yeah the original you could go into a first person view (not just in all range mode) but they removed it for some reason.

That i was pissed about ... i have no idea why they took it off! It was my favorite mode too....

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tatumanu said:
nano351 said:

That i was pissed about ... i have no idea why they took it off! It was my favorite mode too....

Kind of weird, figured FP would be perfect to take use of the 3D on Star Fox.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i finally got the dog tag and i got the fox one and the slippy one and they are made of plastic

it seems everyone is getting the fox and slippy dog tag i kinda wish they would have peppy or falco because slippy for me is one of my worst video game character

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
BrightNeko said:

smile.gif

If you're on track for said 100 kills then about halfway through the level Peppy will say 'you're becoming a better pilot', whereas if you're doing terribly you get Falco saying 'Fox, you're supposed to shoot them all'. Easy way to tell. Incidentally for those that don't know, when the 3 wingmen appear in formation after whichever comment you get, fly close to them by using the boost and a 1-UP should appear. Same goes for the fight with the robot on Corneria. Loop through his legs (over his head and back again) and a 1-UP should spawn. Hopefully...It did on the original. Not got the timing right on the 3DS version yet.

Incidentally, here's my two cents on the game:

- OMG Lylat Wars in my pocket, wanted this for 15 years
smile.gif

- The Landmaster still sucks. Incidentally minor graphical glitch on Macbeth. When you have to save Falco, go through the dirt patch on the right side next to the track. The tank passes directly through it instead of over it.

- Aquas is a lot more enjoyable in full 3D, especially now it's not so dark.

- Zoness looks fucking gorgeous for a planet covered in shit.

- Venom 1 on Expert in full 3D is bloody terrifying, as is Area 6.

- Oddly the Star Wolf team are total pussies this time. Seriously, they take like 3 shots to take down. Even True Andross isn't as difficult. I took him down with a single Nova Bomb.

Great game overall. The stages look beautiful, the gameplay is classic, the music's great, and the 3D adds a lot to the experience. 9/10, with the 1 point knocked off for the lack of online multiplayer. But it still has value thanks to the new medal targets.

I still want to see the original Starwing remade like this. Imagine how great flying through Sector Y with that stellar ballet of stingrays and amoebas in full 3D with a MASSIVE graphical overhaul. Instant buy. Plus the new fans of the series need to experience the challenge of the original. The Armada level. Venom's highways. That F*CKING two headed dragon boss. Needs to happen.

ALSO, what's this about dog tags?

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
machomuu said:
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
BrightNeko said:

smile.gif

.I still want to see the original Starwing remade like this

Wasn't SF64 a remake of the SNES game?

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
DxEggman said:
Blaze163 said:
machomuu said:
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
BrightNeko said:

smile.gif

.I still want to see the original Starwing remade like this

Wasn't SF64 a remake of the SNES game?

In a way, yes. But the original has different levels, different secrets, it's a totally different experience. It's also harder than a deep fried breeze block with a geordie accent. Path 3 STILL fucks my shit up after like, 20 years.

Seriously though, what's all this about dog tags?

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
emmanu888 said:
the dogtag are a preorder bonus exclusive to canada

WHAT?! BASTARDS!!

[youtube]0BoO3_5tU8A[/youtube]

If any Canadians happen across a spare one and wish to fight the ongoing battle against intercontinental ignorance in major corporations by sending one to a poor UK gamer such as myself, that'd be awful sweet of you.

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Unlocked Expert Mode by getting all the medals, though after the amount of times I've had to replay to get them, I am now bored of the game.

Though they did do a good job, they dropped the ball hard by not adding online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Not the first time this has happened with Drake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Not the first time this has happened with Drake.