Gaming Star Fox 64 3D Discussion

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satirical said:
The game probably won't be too good despite getting a 9.4/10 on the Official Nintendo Magazine (UK)

Official Nintendo Magazine gave a Nintendo game a 9.4?

Well why don't you color me shocked! Seriously, they're the Official NINTENDO Magazine, you think they'd start giving bad marks to Nintendo games?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Satirical said:
The game probably won't be too good despite getting a 9.4/10 on the Official Nintendo Magazine (UK)

Well why don't you color me shocked! Seriously, they're the Official NINTENDO Magazine, you think they'd start giving bad marks to Nintendo games?
IGN gave it a 8, is that too high as well?
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
wink.gif

Depends on your region actually, IGN US gave it a 9/10.

I didn't even like the original game that much and I feel people are praising it way too much for essentially being a lazy port with some upped graphics and motion controls that defeat the point of a 3DS.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
heartgold said:
wink.gif

I didn't even like the original game that much and I feel people are praising it way too much for essentially being a lazy port with some upped graphics and motion controls that defeat the point of a 3DS.
You're right, it was a 9. If you have played it before then it's not really worth your purchase. I haven't played it and i'm not too interested. When it becames cheaper, then we'll see. Motion control can be enjoyed in 2D display and analog control for pretty 3D effects. Works both ways. Anyway it doesn't look like a bad game nor either an instance buy label.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
heartgold said:
wink.gif

I don't think it looks like a lazy port at all. Lazy remake maybe, but not a lazy port.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know why people keep saying motion control mean no 3D. As long you don't have to do a 180 as in turn around, it wouldn't be that hard (if at all) to do both.

Well at least it not hard for me.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say they "praise" it because they upped the graphics, and added the 3D effect and motion control. They're happy that they didn't just take the original, recompile the code, and slap it into a 3DS card. They at least put some effort to "modernize" it. I think it's more about it being available, and on a device that is in need of some good games. Sure, it's also on the Wii VC in its original form or it could be had via eBay with purchasing an N64 with the game, but not everyone wants to go that route, and not everyone has experienced it. I know I can't stand the output of the N64 version (not Wii VC version) on my newer TVs, and as it is with being at college with a decent amount of time in between classes, it's nice to have a portable version you can take with you. $40 can be steep for many, but like I did with OoT3D, I'll wait for a sale around the $20-$30 range.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Satirical said:

They have.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guild McCommunist said:
Satirical said:

I bet a Sony Official magazine would give it a rating it deserves, right
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
wink.gif

Most of the yahoos who review PSP games give God of War games higher marks than practically every RPG they review, which is complete bullshit. So no.

And KingVamp, almost every source I've read says that motion controls with the 3D just fucks up your sweet spot constantly, unless you want to move around like a complete retard.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
SpaceJump said:
wink.gif

Most of the yahoos who review PSP games give God of War games higher marks than practically every RPG they review, which is complete bullshit. So no.

And KingVamp, almost every source I've read says that motion controls with the 3D just fucks up your sweet spot constantly, unless you want to move around like a complete retard.
Well, if you mean moving your head around following the screen, what problem with that? Are you guys just sitting there moving the 3DS?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
SpaceJump said:
wink.gif

Well, if you mean moving your head around following the screen, what problem with that? Are you guys just sitting there moving the 3DS?
Okay, say you're in public, you would look pretty darn stupid doing tornado spins just to keep the 3D.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
SpaceJump said:
wink.gif

Okay, say you're in public, you would look pretty darn stupid doing tornado spins just to keep the 3D.

Why does it matter what other people think? There are far stranger things that happen in public on a daily basis.

Besides, you can say you're doing stomach exercises.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
SpaceJump said:
wink.gif

Why does it matter what other people think? There are far stranger things that happen in public on a daily basis.

Besides, you can say you're doing stomach exercises.
Please, I don't care what others think of me, and there are others that don't either. However, the majority of people on this planet do and they won't take that "don't worry about what others think of you" saying.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Got it this afternoon. I've only played the first level so far. Never played Lylat Wars before. It's pretty nice, but from what I remember from the videos, the 3D looked better than that :/

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
Got it this afternoon. I've only played the first level so far. Never played Lylat Wars before. It's pretty nice, but from what I remember from the videos, the 3D looked better than that :/

Is full-scene antialiasing there, at least when 3D is turned off ? Or do the sharp edges look "jagged" ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow