Gaming Star Fox 64 3D Discussion

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DiscostewSM said:
I'll probably get it sooner or later when I also get OoT.

Just the same game like before? I don't remember people complaining from having movies on VHS/DVD and getting them again when they got re-released onto DVD/BR.

*cough Star Wars cough*

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The hype level for this game is way lower than I expected. And my expectations weren't that high. Man I really thought people would be excited for this :l

People played this game before, so they'll know what they'd get. I guess

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:

Just the same game like before? I don't remember people complaining from having movies on VHS/DVD and getting them again when they got re-released onto DVD/BR.

Except I still have access to the original through currently available methods (like the Virtual Console) and this version costs 4 times as much.

That's not really a good metaphor anyway.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
DiscostewSM said:

Except I still have access to the original through currently available methods (like the Virtual Console) and this version costs 4 times as much.

That's not really a good metaphor anyway.
Guild, I'm starting to think you just like bashing everything about the 3DS. The game has updated graphics and 3D added. Personally, I think it's worth it.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or you guys can prevent this thread from going downhill on the second page by not quabbling about it..

QUOTE said:
The hype level for this game is way lower than I expected.

Personally, I don't remember the 64 version having big hype behind it either.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
Guild, I'm starting to think you just like bashing everything about the 3DS. The game has updated graphics and 3D added. Personally, I think it's worth it.

...Which of course every gamer realizes don't make a game, right? We've come to expect more from our remakes, not essentially a fancy port.

I'm not hating on the 3DS "just 'cause", I'm hating on it because I realize what the problem is and I'm not blind to it just because Nintendo can do no wrong.

EDIT: But you know what, it's ShadowSoldier's thread, I'll let him have fun with it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MigueelDnd said:
Lazy remake IMO, although I loved the original and I have fond memories of it; I'll probably pick it up used next year or something.
That's basically how I feel about this and OoT. Seriously, I love remakes, but these are basically graphically enhanced ports. Worst part is the best remake announced so far is Overclocked, and that is a remake of a rather recent game.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a huge Starfox fan... Probably won't get it.

If it was a new Starfox that was a platformer/adventure game, I would get it. I'll only get this out of boredom.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Is there any new content at all in it? Considering I have the original still and it takes like less than an hour to finish the game completely, I feel like even if this will look nicer, it's still not worth all the cash for a potential of maybe an hour or two gameplay.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was one of my favorite games as a kid. I bought it when it first came out, and rebought it for VC I liked it so much.

But I've played it so much. I don't think new graphics / versus are worth the full $40 ..especially for such a short game.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The original didn't age very well graphically, it needed an update, very happy this exists, I never liked any StarFox game other than the 64.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never even really played through the original, so I can't say anything about the graphics. I just like these kinds of games. I don't play for a story or anything, it's just mindless fun.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've got the original sitting in my closet right now, but I haven't played it for years, along with the rest of my N64 collection. The image output looks rather ugly on all my TVs. Was thinking of selling them via eBay, but I would first need to remove my initials done in permanent marker from each game, as back then, I wanted everyone to know whose games they were (as my friends did a lot of borrowing in those days).

Anyways, I loved this game, and since I don't play my original, I might pick this one up. The original is on the Wii VC also, but it is still rather dated, and I don't really play on my Wii anymore in comparison to my 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars