Star trek: Starfleet maximum attainable warp (non aided)

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shout out to all trekkies out there. My question is only for federation starfleet vessels. No klingon, romulan, borg, Q or other civilizations.

Without any external aid, what is the maximum attainable warp speeds of the federation starfleet ships? Especially the most renowned ones. Oh and which one earns top prize as the fastest?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fastest alpha canon Federation ship would be the Intrepid class. I believe the Sovereign is a close second.

Too lazy to look up specifics but Memory Alpha is a fantastic information source.

------ EDIT ----------

Just looked it up - the Prometheus class was actually faster with rated top speed of warp 9.99 (Intrepid was 9.975).

However, IMHO the Prometheus class is a load of hot wank that was made as the McGuffin of the week for the episode "Message in a Bottle"

Voyager in general was just... awful

Last edited by PityOnU,

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fastest alpha canon Federation ship would be the Intrepid class. I believe the Sovereign is a close second.

Too lazy to look up specifics but Memory Alpha is a fantastic information source.
Yes I've often visited memory alpha. Guess I was just in the mood for interaction lol.
The TOS enterprise wasn intrepid class was it? How about Voyager?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USS Enterprise:

NX-01 - NX Class
NCC-1701 - Constitution Class
NCC-1701-A - Constitution Class (Refit)
NCC-1701-B - Excelsior Class
NCC-1701-C - Ambassador Class
NCC-1701-D - Galaxy Class
NCC-1701-E - Sovereign Class

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USS Enterprise:

NX-01 - NX Class
NCC-1701 - Constitution Class
NCC-1701-A - Constitution Class (Refit)
NCC-1701-B - Excelsior Class
NCC-1701-C - Ambassador Class
NCC-1701-D - Galaxy Class
NCC-1701-E - Sovereign Class
Ok thank you, so the 1701 was constitution class? If memory serves, un aided it's top speed was warp 8? That probably pales in comparison to Voyager huh?
By the way, when you said Voyager was just awful, did you mean as a ship or the series as a whole?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In universe, the warp speed scale was readjusted sometime between the TOS and TNG eras. As such, Warp 8 on TOS and prior (ENT) != Warp 8 on TNG and later (DS9, VOY). It is also heavily suggested in "All Good Things" that the warp speed scale is once again readjusted within 30 years of the in-universe conclusion of TNG - probably due to all of the 9.9X nonsense that was beginning to occur.

Here is a great video on warp speed compared:

VOY was not that great IMHO, in that it fairly regularly broke canon, missed an opportunity to present a running narrative of the ship and crew, and just didn't really have any likable characters outside of the EMH. DSC is also an overly dramatic mess (so much crying/fighting/sulking). But hey, that's just me.

Here's a technical source with info on the warp scale calculations and changes between eras: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/treknology/warp6.htm

Last edited by PityOnU,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Great question.:yay:

For me:
Not the fastet (Warp 9,99) but the effective Ship was the NX-2000.
The U.S.S.Excelsior.Thanks to the Transwarp.Long before the Borg came into Star Trek Universe.:)

Its your choice to see it as the "fastest".
But then we also have to add the U.S.S.Discovery with its Spore Drive.:unsure:
Theoretically before Kirk & Co.:wacko:
But whats with the Xindi,they drive through Subspace portals.:blink:
And they did this long before Kirk & Co.

Man,this is confusing.......:rofl2:

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For me:
The U.S.S.Excelsior.Thanks to the Transwarp.Long before the Borg came into Star Trek Universe.:)

Don't forget Transwarp beaming in tje JJ-verse.

Barf.

Reactions: zomborg

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In universe, the warp speed scale was readjusted sometime between the TOS and TNG eras. As such, Warp 8 on TOS and prior (ENT) != Warp 8 on TNG and later (DS9, VOY). It is also heavily suggested in "All Good Things" that the warp speed scale is once again readjusted within 30 years of the in-universe conclusion of TNG - probably due to all of the 9.9X nonsense that was beginning to occur.

Here is a great video on warp speed compared:

VOY was not that great IMHO, in that it fairly regularly broke canon, missed an opportunity to present a running narrative of the ship and crew, and just didn't really have any likable characters outside of the EMH. DSC is also an overly dramatic mess (so much crying/fighting/sulking). But hey, that's just me.

Here's a technical source with info on the warp scale calculations and changes between eras: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/treknology/warp6.htm

Ok thank you for the video link and the other link, I will look at them. I wasn't aware of the warp adjustments until recently. What you mentioned about the missed opportunities in Voyager, I completely agree but for some reason it's still one of my favorites lol. I love the Doc (emh). He made me laugh so many times and he really developed as the series progressed. I liked 7, Tuvok and Janeway too.
My favorites are in this order, Tos, Tng, Voy and DS9. Was kinda bored with enterprise and Discovery is pathetic.

For me:

LOL, I agree with you Alexander, very confusing. To me, discovery and it's spore drive shouldn't even count and I was really disappointed how they changed the klingons.
They don't look cool and fierce.
Lol @KiiWii, yes you are right! I love the BTTF reference.

Last edited by zomborg,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Without any external aid

Its very difficult to say.
If you considering:

- Wink of an eye - NCC-1701 - Warp 11
- The Counter-Clock Incident - NCC-1701 - Warp 20 - an unidentified Object/Ship with Warp 36 ???
- Journey to Babel - unknown Scoutship/Andorian vessel - Warp 10

Reactions: zomborg

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its very difficult to say.
If you considering:

- Wink of an eye - NCC-1701 - Warp 11
- The Counter-Clock Incident - NCC-1701 - Warp 20 - an unidentified Object/Ship with Warp 36 ???
- Journey to Babel - unknown Scoutship/Andorian vessel - Warp 10
Good point Alexander. That ship with warp 36, was that in the animated series?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: florida men just a different breed