State of the art of going online

brackuru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I must say, that I have not complete knowledge of all the facets of the ps3 homebrew scene, but I also did my research.
So want to play my backupped game online and I thought this is the best I can do.

1. Start multiman and mount game as disk
2. Back in the XMB allow generally internet connection in the settings
3. Then Go to the Custom Firmware Settings -> PSN Tools and select Disable Syscalls
4. Start the game and play online
5. After finishing online play, go back to XMB and generally disallow internet connection
6. Shutdown system

Is this all and the best I can do?
I read about all those SEN Enabler, PSNPatch and PSNinja stuff but this are kind of obsolete now?
Because they do all the same and all of this functions are now directly implemented in the PSN-Tools Option in the Custom Firmware Settings.

I ask because, I know there is always a little chance, but I would like to know what is best practice with all the knowledge today.
I read from people from this board, which are online for years and never get banned. I would like to know, what's their receipt.

Thanks in advance

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try dual-boot firmware, but then you wouldn't be able to get into multiman. that's as safe as you can be while still being able to install cfw. it's really only for legit discs and games, nothing that would require cfw to boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: John Conner was fathered by a Terminator