Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well now that the cat is out of the bag I can seriously say so long Rayder and Ace, you will both be missed as staff. Thanks for your massive contributions to the site, and I hope you guys stick around!

yaypsp.gif

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't known ye personally, it still is sad to see staff members leave.
sad.gif

Although I wish ye the best of luck in your personal lives
smile.gif

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
toguro_max said:
I think there is something "true" in this story...
They may be leaving the Admin position, but they may be assuming a new position (no the Former Staff one), like Global Moderators or something.

Anyway, good louck for whatever it is.
Well i got pranked... Oh well.
I still wish you two good luck for whatever it is tho >-p

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I will definitely miss you guys! Especially Ace, we shared first names
tongue.gif

And I also pulled an elaborate reverse-prank like this yesterday on some friends I haven't seen in a long time, except the joke was that I was conveniently "going to visit them on 1st of April (insert
tongue.gif
)", then actually showing up.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
WiiBricker said:
April fools day is over...
I think you missed something
QUOTE(Ace Gunman @ Apr 1 2011, 11:03 PM) This years April Fools Day joke was my masterpiece. The truth is that I am in fact retiring. I chose April 1st to do so because that sort of timing is the very essence of Ace: a silly joke followed by absolute seriousness. A prank that masked my actual retirement, a potentially sad moment made lighthearted with humor and intrigue.

The gag was a multifaceted mind-twister that fooled most at one point or another. The obvious assumption after seeing the date would be that it was a prank, and a rather poor and simplistic one at that. If you believed so, you were in fact an April fool; taking it at face value and assuming that because of the date and time it must be a joke of some sort. Others read the post, believed it, then changed their mind believing it was actually a joke and that they had been fooled. Which, of course, they were.

Those that knew me well actually figured it out, only to second guess themselves shortly after. Assuming that I had written the "totally ordinary" line as a way of concealing a prank within a prank, within a prank, and so on. Alternatively one might have outright believed it, that no one would make such an announcement without meaning it. Little did they know there was a prank occurring right under their noses. In a way, they were fooled as well by believing it was a straight notice of retirement.

I must give credit to my accomplice. My initial concept for this idea did not include him, but it just so happened that Rayder wanted to retire as well. This gave the scenario the extra something it needed. If it was real, why two staff members, or why he and I specifically? Was one of us retiring and the other a gag? Were we both faking retirement? Etc, etc. Rayder's involvement cast doubt on each level of the experience.

Furthermore the prank throws into question all future GBAtemp April fools day pranks. If this one was a real announcement, who is to say that next years may not be as well, or the next? Perhaps they will be pranks, perhaps they won't, its now impossible to know for sure.

I wanted to go out with a bang, rather than the typical emotional farewell. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: lol