[STEAM] Left 4 Dead 2 available for FREE on Steam!

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blog_image.jpg

That's right folks, it seems that Valve and the L4D devs have been gracious enough to give out copies of L4D2 for FREE starting NOW until 10 AM PST, December 26, 2013! However, after 10 AM tomorrow, it will return to its normal price of $19.99 on Steam. I've already purchased this game, and it's extremely fun to play with friends. Even if you're not a big fan of zombie games, well, it's free shit. And getting things free is always great! :D

(except when it's genital herpes lol)

Here's a copy of the post on the L4D blog:

To celebrate the holidays in a special way this year, Left 4 Dead 2 will be free until 10AM PST 12/26.

It will be free as in, grab it now, pay no money, and it is yours to keep forever – FOR FREE!

To claim your L4D2 gift, all you need to do is install it.

If you don’t install, it goes back to its regular price and you miss out! The zombie apocalypse is more fun with friends so make sure to tell all your mates to install it as well.

To help spread the holiday cheer, all current players can earn the achievement – Ghost of Christmas Present – Spread cheer by helping a free holiday player survive a campaign.

Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with so much content where do you start?

To avoid any grinches, we suggest jumping into campaign mode and get the basics down before moving into the competitive modes.

You can also check out some guides, read the forums and ask questions, check out some art, read the comic, watch some movies, and most importantly have fun!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Gonna grab it if I get through to the store server, if not, I won't exactly cry since I'm not doing a whole lot of PC gaming these days. Thanks for the info though! :yay:

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And yet people bitched about Sony's servers going down, bitched about Nintendo's servers going down...

Anyways, L4D1 Master Race!
The best part is that this literally always happens. New deals go up, store goes down. Usually it's only for a few minutes though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ehh, it's too clogged, I can't get to the Safe Room through the Hordes, the Safe Room being a successful Login, the Hordes being the hungry, hungry buyers. ;O;

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to note, I don't believe you need to actually install the game completely. Rather, you just have to click Install on the store page, and it should take you to a successful purchase page while adding it to your library. Thankfully, I hopped on this before the surge of people, so I don't have to deal with the impossible to obtain game.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to note, I don't believe you need to actually install the game completely. Rather, you just have to click Install on the store page, and it should take you to a successful purchase page while adding it to your library. Thankfully, I hopped on this before the surge of people, so I don't have to deal with the impossible to obtain game.

Exactly, you don't actually need the game to be downloaded/installed, just make sure it is on "My Library", this means that it is already attached to your account.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah...so that explains why steam is suddenly down. :unsure:

Yeeey for the initiative...but I bought the L4D pack during last steam sales at a couple bucks.

The irony is that I can't get in to actually BUY a couple games from the steam sale. :P

EDIT: DrOctapu: if you've got another PC/laptop around (even a very low-tier one), I guess you could install steam onto that and "buy" the game for 0 bucks. A purchase on one PC automatically transfers to others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/RDrjsrKmeOs?si=ZS8BcIGzWueChiGF