Steam's annual Summer Sale arrives yet again

HxSI4tC.png

Summer is here, because Steam's annual Summer Sale has begun. Lasting until July 13th, Steam is offering discounts on hundreds of PC games, as is tradition. Certain headline sales include 40% off Persona 5 Royal, 67% off Red Dead Redemption 2, and 20% off Hogwarts Legacy. Steam is also taking a noteworthy 20% off of Steam Deck handheld units. You can see all the games that are discounted by going to the Steam storefront.

:arrow: Source

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not mine. I better wait for Hogwarts Legacy when have between 90% off - 98% off then get it.

Very slow process for on sale to run long time in few years later. :(

Wait for Winter sales would have big sales than Spring, Summer and Fall. Wait and see. I already know Winter sales are one best than all others. Don't get me wrong. B-)

Edit:

gaga941021 did quote my messages but that's not true and he lied to everyone and he did harass me. Never listen to gaga941021 and move on! gaga941021 is not mature person. Let me alone!

why wait? its a great game, worth it

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
People actually make such idiotic comments? :rofl2:

I think Bladexdsl meant that you usually get better deals from legitimate 3rd party key sellers (that you can activate on Steam). I rarely buy games directly from Steam. Those shady keyshops are typically even cheaper, but I avoid those.

But yeah otherwise, I wasnt too impressed with this sale. Most games on my wishlist were actually cheaper or the same price a couple months ago (according to price history).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But yeah otherwise, I wasnt too impressed with this sale. Most games on my wishlist were actually cheaper or the same price a couple months ago (according to price history).
I think it's pretty much always been either the Fall or Winter sale that has the best discounts, because that's the quarter most packed with new releases.

Reactions: onibaku

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Makes plenty of sense if you're a gamer. A great game stays a great game forever, and unlike a Nintendo or Game Pass account, you know your Steam account will still have those same games attached twenty or forty years from now. Except perhaps the live-service and multiplayer-only ones, but I wouldn't bother spending money on those in the first place.
Of course. Have nothing to say against that.
But if you're realistically not seeing yourself playing what you're buying within one year from now, there's no reason to buy it in this sale if you would get it for an even better discount and with more DLCs included in one or two years.

For example I consider Cyberpunk 2077 to be a great game from all the videos I've watched but it's still receiving patches to iron out bugs or make it even better while it's personally still too expensive to get now even in a sale. Don't get me wrong, if I really wanna play a game right now, I'll gladly support the devs by buying it for whatever it costs, but Cyberpunk 2077 is a good example for a game I'd like to play at some point but I'm not desperate for so I have no reason to go wild on it while I still have enough other stuff currently...

...which leads me to two examples I definitely wanted to play day one so I just bought them for their full price tag: Diablo IV and TotK. Given the horrible short amount of spare time I have currently, both games among a few indies and retro games will keep me busy for months and who knows, in 1 or 2 years I might get Cyberpunk and just enjoy it.

Reactions: Xzi and Scarlet

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people actually buy games on steam? :rofl2:
gg.deals is definitely the way to go. you can even attach your steam account to it, and make alerts for all your wishlisted games.
and there's nothing wrong with voting with your wallet supporting specific games. that way hopefully more of the types of games you paid for get made eventually :toot:

but yeah some games are definitely not worth a buy, and you get more use out of them in other ways especially if they are mod friendly.

Reactions: Mike_77712

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it's pretty much always been either the Fall or Winter sale that has the best discounts, because that's the quarter most packed with new releases.

Ah alright, I always thought summer was supposed to be the best one, but it never seemed like it was. That makes sense then
Post automatically merged:

What is the FG and EIA they're referring to in their second comment?

Oh, didn't see that. No idea to be honest. When I see EIA, I think of environmental impact assessment, I doubt it's that though :D

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, didn't see that. No idea to be honest. When I see EIA, I think of environmental impact assessment, I doubt it's that though :D

Even after a Google search I don't know what was meant by EIA, but I assume FG is Fusee Gelee. Hence the "yearly free sales" part. Which makes their op even more nonsensical, as the majority of Steam content isn't even available for Switch. If I'm wrong, I guess they can always explain what was meant. :)

Reactions: onibaku

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I want to support the dev / publisher

2. Frequent updates making having to download each update from the seven seas inconvenient.

3. online support / multiplayer

4. steam workshop mods

5. Want to play it easily on steam deck without having to fuck with Lutris
Yep. i am an advocate for piracy so long as you do not lose (much) functionality and it is not inconvenient. Music, Movies, Software and Console Piracy all fit into this mold.

PC piracy is inconvenient. Viruses aren't that much of an issue if you go to reputable sites but the whole thing of losing out on multiplayer/online features, workshop mods being a pain, no cloud saves, having to go through the whole process of downloading the files located in the torrent and then installing rather than just 1 install like on steam, updating, etc etc

With emulators and consoles it makes sense but just buy the damn game otherwise. Anyone who can afford a PC to pirate these games can set aside their monthly paycheck to buy some games

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Me when I was young: "ah, man: that game looks cool. If only I had the money for it :( "
Me now: "ah, man: that game looks awesome. If only I had the time to play it :( "

For the heck of it, I tried gg.deals. It tells me that path of exile (a free game) is at an historical low at "free". :P

Having just played through Bonfire peaks (best game by Draknek...though this game is actually NOT by him), I might jump the gun on Stephen's sausage roll. I mean: why settle for the lesser of ugly extremely hard puzzle games? :P

EDIT: also...I'd get black mesa, but halfway ironic: it doesn't run well on steamos.

Last edited by Taleweaver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: