Homebrew steelhax - A Steeldiver Subwars secondary entrypoint

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should install the new version on the source system. Since you have a cfw on it, it should work with the installer. The installer however is not as reliable. I provided the save files which you can use with a save manager like JKSV. Just replace the "save" file. Also create a "steelhax" folder on the sd card as the readme says. The code and payload aren't in the savefile of steeldiver anymore. You have to put the new "code.bin" file into the steelhax folder. As well as the otherapp payload. The payload hasn't updated for 11.2 so just use the 11.1 otherapp payload and also put it into the steelhax folder as "payload.bin". If you are using luma you can enable some options and copy a file to the sd card so that it uses the original "loader". This is also what I was using to develop it. PM me if you need that file.

Sounds good. Thanks again @VegaRoXas !
Any chance you'll be adjusting the guide so users are aware of the new steelhax method, @Plailect ? That way there will be less users getting that error, from not utilizing steelhax properly

Either that or maybe updating the readme, @VegaRoXas if you haven't already.

This should clear up a lot of things for those 11.2 to 11.2 down graders that are intermittently getting strange outcomes.

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure the steps are correct before jumping in and wasting my system transfer.
This will be assuming the use of the installer, might do a write-up of JKSM in a moment.

Source system O3DS 11.2.0-35U A9LH+Luma, Second system N3DSXL 11.2.0-35U

Download steelhax_installer.rar
extract steelhax_installer to source system sd (use the folder name steelhax or steelhax_installer?)
download otherapp payload for (OLD)11.1.0-34U
rename to payload.bin and place in steelhax_installer folder on sdcard (or is it steelhax_payload.bin?)(dies it go on the root of sd as the guide says, or in the steelhax folder?)
open steel divers to make sure it boots homebrew
if successful continue
place contents of starter zip on second device
perform system transfer and follow guide accordingly (device 2 nfirm backup, flash 10.4 nfirm)
download the appropriate otherapp payload for the second device (NEW)11.1.0-34U
(not sure if code.bin is applicable when using the installer or not)

Sorry about the confusion on my part. I've just been seeing so many different things all over that I am trying to start from an open mind and forget all the misinformation.

Last edited by brentblend,

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just want to make sure the steps are correct before jumping in and wasting my system transfer.
This will be assuming the use of the installer, might do a write-up of JKSM in a moment.

Source system O3DS 11.2.0-35U A9LH+Luma, Second system N3DSXL 11.2.0-35U

Download steelhax_installer.rar
extract steelhax_installer to source system sd (use the folder name steelhax or steelhax_installer?)
download otherapp payload for (OLD)11.1.0-34U
rename to payload.bin and place in steelhax_installer folder on sdcard (or is it steelhax_payload.bin?)(dies it go on the root of sd as the guide says, or in the steelhax folder?)
open steel divers to make sure it boots homebrew
if successful continue
place contents of starter zip on second device
perform system transfer and follow guide accordingly (device 2 nfirm backup, flash 10.4 nfirm)
download the appropriate otherapp payload for the second device (NEW)11.1.0-34U
(not sure if code.bin is applicable when using the installer or not)

Sorry about the confusion on my part. I've just been seeing so many different things all over that I am trying to start from an open mind and forget all the misinformation.
The files on the sd card should be in this structure: https://sendvid.com/1f7v334w
After copying everything like that you'll want to try the steelhax_installer with whatever entrypoint you wanna use. The installer wasn't that reliable before too so I have provided the save files which you can inject with something like jksv/jksm/svdt. The savefile zip also contains the code.bin which goes in the steelhax folder. I'll rename everything in the installer zip so it'll get clearer.

Reactions: brentblend

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The files on the sd card should be in this structure: https://sendvid.com/1f7v334w
After copying everything like that you'll want to try the steelhax_installer with whatever entrypoint you wanna use. The installer wasn't that reliable before too so I have provided the save files which you can inject with something like jksv/jksm/svdt. The savefile zip also contains the code.bin which goes in the steelhax folder. I'll rename everything in the installer zip so it'll get clearer.

Ah so steelhax is on the root, and steelhax_installer is in the 3ds folder. Ok thanks for the video!

Now we definitely need to change the readme, and @Plailect guide to match that.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah so steelhax is on the root, and steelhax_installer is in the 3ds folder. Ok thanks for the video!

Now we definitely need to change the readme, and @Plailect guide to match that.
Changed the readme a bit and updated the archive's structure to be a bit more clear.
<Plailect> will have to wait until later, busy atm

Reactions: brentblend

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changed the readme a bit and updated the archive's structure to be a bit more clear.
<Plailect> will have to wait until later, busy atm

Perfect! Thanks to both of you.

Sorry about any bother. Just wanted to help get that sorted before too many more people potentially waste their system transfer.

Reactions: VegaRoXas

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A little help please?

I already had steelhax installed on 11.1 before on my N3DSXL and it was working fine. Update 11.2 comes along and read somewhere that steelhax still works, so I updated to 11.2 because I was going to purchase Gunvolt 2 on the eshop. Now steelhax doesn't work anymore. Was there an updated payload available? Cant seem to find it. Thank you

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A little help please?

I already had steelhax installed on 11.1 before on my N3DSXL and it was working fine. Update 11.2 comes along and read somewhere that steelhax still works, so I updated to 11.2 because I was going to purchase Gunvolt 2 on the eshop. Now steelhax doesn't work anymore. Was there an updated payload available? Cant seem to find it. Thank you
If you had steelhax on 11.1, you could have just used ctr-httpwn to access the eShop (and other online features) instead of updating.

When you say "steelhax doesn't work anymore", what exactly happens?

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you had steelhax on 11.1, you could have just used ctr-httpwn to access the eShop (and other online features) instead of updating.

When you say "steelhax doesn't work anymore", what exactly happens?

Actually, I forgot about that. Never used ctr-httpwn before. :(

I keep getting the error saying I had to restart the system. PASLR at work, I think?

BigCalhoun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to use the Steel Diver exploit with the DSi Downgrade method, should it be transferring over when the system transfer is done?

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to use the Steel Diver exploit with the DSi Downgrade method, should it be transferring over when the system transfer is done?

Yes, that is the point of the system transfer. It should have transferred field runners, and steel divers.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does steelhax still work if we haven't downloaded the game yet? the installer kept giving me an error message and when i tried manually injecting the save with JKSM i launched the game and got a black screen for like 5-8 seconds before it takes me back and restarts the system.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does steelhax still work if we haven't downloaded the game yet? the installer kept giving me an error message and when i tried manually injecting the save with JKSM i launched the game and got a black screen for like 5-8 seconds before it takes me back and restarts the system.
Yes of course. The problem relies on the boot rate. Something in smea's payload crashes and I have no idea why.

ukoziak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What does this error mean? Can't get the installer to run. I'm on original firmware (11.0), I downloaded steel diver sub wars (without the update), ran the game so I can access the menu. Put the steelhax folder in root folder (payload.bin added) and the installer in the 3ds folder. Ran the installer on homebrew launcher 1.1.1

"error code: 0000002 The title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported"

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What does this error mean? Can't get the installer to run. I'm on original firmware (11.0), I downloaded steel diver sub wars (without the update), ran the game so I can access the menu. Put the steelhax folder in root folder (payload.bin added) and the installer in the 3ds folder. Ran the installer on homebrew launcher 1.1.1

"error code: 0000002 The title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported"
You are running the installer under 11.2 which is not supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/tIhGFPf9zYs?si=PuxpV4XF-g3-8rJt