• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Steve Bannon indicted on charges of fraud, conspiracy, and money laundering

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 636
  • Replies 1
  • Likes 3

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
https://truthout.org/articles/steve-bannon-charged-with-fraud-conspiracy-and-money-laundering/

Steve Bannon, a staunch ally of former President Donald Trump who briefly served as his chief political strategist in the White House, has been indicted by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office for money laundering, fraud and conspiracy.

The charges stem from Bannon’s fundraising efforts for a project called “We Build the Wall,” a campaign to raise money to build a structure on the U.S.’s southern border that began in 2018. Prosecutors allege that Bannon siphoned off millions of dollars of donations for his own personal gain.

Ultimately, the campaign’s organizers succeeded in constructing only three miles of a wall with the $25 million raised, and the structure was already in need of dire repairs shortly after it was put up. Other organizers of the campaign have pleaded guilty to skimming funds for “We Build the Wall,” even after they promised donors that every dollar raised would be spent on the project.

Bannon was also indicted on similar charges related to the project at the federal level, but Trump pardoned him on his last day in office.

“Bannon is charged with two counts of money laundering, three counts of conspiracy, and one count of scheming to defraud,” Reuters news reporter Phil Stewart said on Thursday.

Proving yet again that the entire MAGA movement is and was nothing but a long con. Sunk cost fallacy ensures none of the rubes who lost money, friends, family members, and/or mental stability over all this will ever own up to the fact that they got played.

“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.” -- Lyndon B. Johnson

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Damn... You had my hopes up there for a second, @Xzi. But you wrote indicted, whereas he's just charged. And while it's an actual step, I've kind of given up on hope that there'll actually be jail sentences in that department. Because it's a never ending circus of stalling and delays. Probably with the intention of "if i can delay every penalty until i die of old age, I'm essentially above the law".

I also have to nitpick: the maga movement is the whole ordeal, so including everyone happily being scammed out of their money. It's more that the top(Bannon in this case) is doing a scam, whereas the majority is just happy sheep(1) in a cult without realising it.

(1): extra hilarious because they pretend everyone outside their bubble of being oppressed in thought

Last edited by Taleweaver,
Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work