• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Stonks! GBAtemp opens new 'Cryptocurrencies & Investment' subforum

a.jpg

Whether you believe it or not, GBAtemp's population is mostly adult. Did you know the average age of our users is approximately 32 years? No wonder news like WallStreetBet's GameStop takeover is blowing up our own forums, with over 340 posts in a few days. We've noticed a growing trend in talks of cryptocurrencies and stock market investment in recent months and we believe it would be great to have a dedicated place to pursue these discussions.

After we opened the World News & Politics subforum a few years back (love it or hate it - it has one of the highest post per day ratio), today we are announcing the creation of a dedicated subforum: the Cryptocurrencies & Investment area. All existing relevant threads will be moved there within the next few days. We encourage you to create new threads in this new area of the site: you are very welcome to share your tips and post tutorials for those who are eager to learn.

:arrow: Access our new Cryptocurrencies & Investment subforum

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What a time to be alive, the born of a new subforum of GBAtemp, and the dead of the US economy.
That does bring up an interesting point about how crypto could dethrone US markets eventually, but some stonks have been just as volatile/profitable lately.

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grand! I need somewhere to talk about my dogecoin losses :( I bought at 8c like an idiot

Side note, we should get together and figure out how to make a tempCOIN. I think it's like as basic as cloning a repository nowadays

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That does bring up an interesting point about how crypto could dethrone US markets eventually, but some stonks have been just as volatile/profitable lately.
Meh, I doubt it for the moment.
Crypto is based upon their trading value, unlike stocks for example that have more factors around it. It would have to exist a "regulated" crypto dependant on more factors to justify that it becomes bigger than the rest of the markets.
When that happens, that of course can happen soon, the US markets are gonna show it's biggest fail, the famous risk system that shows that markets only create economic destabilization.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Grand! I need somewhere to talk about my dogecoin losses :( I bought at 8c like an idiot

Side note, we should get together and figure out how to make a tempCOIN. I think it's like as basic as cloning a repository nowadays
According what I've seen in college, you need to decide a business model, create a blockchain platform and nodes, establish the internal architecture (key management, swaps, formats, etc.), then provide APIs and create an admin and user interface, and at last make it "legal" by trading with it via your platform to other cryptos or whatever.

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According what I've seen in college, you need to decide a business model, create a blockchain platform and nodes, establish the internal architecture (key management, swaps, formats, etc.), then provide APIs and create an admin and user interface, and at last make it "legal" by trading with it via your platform to other cryptos or whatever.
this is if you want to actually do anything with it besides have some lols

but if you want lols a blockchain is pretty self-contained after people start mining it

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this is if you want to actually do anything with it besides have some lols

but if you want lols a blockchain is pretty self-contained after people start mining it
Yeah, but you require an infrascruture behind everything.
You can even avoid creating GUIs and fancy shit, but you need at least to choose your blockchain and design it, and then create APIs and that's it.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's interesting that the average temp user is 32, you'd think there are more teenagers on here considering the amount of comments you see from them cough cough @Scott_pilgrim

Also I hope crypto/stock stuff won't blow up the recent content tab too much, it's the only thing I look at when I go on here 15 times a day

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What's more shocking? The average age is 32? Or the use of world news and politics forum? :ninja:
Take it with a BIG grain of salt.
Back in 2016 when I registred, I wasn't old enough to do it (I'm 21 at the moment) so I just said I was born in 1995. According to GBAtemp, I'm 26 years old.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...