Hardware Storing Switch bad for battery?

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all

I got a quick question..
I havent played my switch for about 3 weeks now maybe 4..
Because im waiting on more games i got bored of the game i got
And waiting on end of september when more releases comes out ill be playing alot then...
But im wondering is it bad for the battery??
The console is off but i heard storing it can cause issues or shouldnt be a problem??
I Will play it more soon tho when i get xenoverse 2 and pokken tournament

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey all

I got a quick question..
And waiting on end of september when more releases comes out ill be playing alot then...
The console is off but i heard storing it can cause issues or shouldnt be a problem??
If you leave it for a year or more it will slowly discharge and eventually discharge below the safe discharge level for the battery which might damage the battery, kill battery life, cause the battery to inflate etc.
Leaving it for a few weeks is no problem.
But if you're storing it for a longer period of time make sure it's at least 50% charged and turned completely off, and every year or so charge it back up.
This applies to anything that uses Li-Ion or LiPo batteries.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all

I got a quick question..
it takes over a year for any damage like that to happen, as long as you charge it even a quarter of the way, nothing will happen

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate batteries, basically what people saying is play with it full brightness, wifi on the whole time, to drain batteries fast as possible, then recharge it to specific levels. Is horrendous. When will batteries, flash memory and Disc drives, just WORK! We already had times of buying endless batteries from the store before with stuff like gameboy and stuff, now we just have people who don't know anything about taking apart their stuff to replace the battery when is required to keep using it, knowing we STILL HAVE TO REPLACE THESE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES! I hate it. Is like taking care of a pet. (not that there anything wrong with taking care of pets, but is just as much responsibility as doing that... what i mean by it) :glare:

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It had a full battery when i turned it off and put it away Its been like 4 weeks next week ill have a new game for it ill be playing the heck out of it then so i should be fine then?
I know when storing it needs to be like half full mine was all the way full but Its only been like 4 weeks or so maybe 3 even when xenoverse comes ill be playing it daily..
So unless i store it for more then a year having a full battery and leaving it off for few weeks is not an issue?
If i understand it right haha

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 weeks is not a problem. I've used my ipad daily for several hours for like five years now and I'm amazed it's still as good as when I bought it. The constant use of it just keeps it alive. I charged up my new switch that I'll be storing for homebrew and left it alone but I'll drain it and charge it back up every six months or year. It's safe to store it. It's not like it's a big deal swapping the battery out for a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat