Gaming Strange VR CPU behavior

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So I have a specific game- Rec Room- that's been running pretty badly for me since mid-December. I've been trying to fix this for 5 months now :wtf:
Anyways it's been doing this weird thing where it runs awfully at around 20FPS for like a half hour, then runs flawlessly at 90FPS for like a minute, and it's just an endless cycle of this.
However, I noticed something very strange today: In-game, with the usual bad performance, my CPU is at 80-100% usage the entire time with 30-ish FPS. But, when I open task manager, my CPU usage goes down to 20% and I get a consistent 90FPS, then eventually crashes and my CPU usage goes back up to 80%.

Keep in mind, this is only on Rec Room, and seems to only happen to me.

Rec Room:
DX11
Unity

PC:
RTX 3070
i7-10700F @4.58GHz
16GB DDR4
Windows 10 Home 21H2 (Tried reverting to 20H2, didn't change much)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I have a specific game- Rec Room- that's been running pretty badly for me since mid-December. I've been trying to fix this for 5 months now :wtf:
Anyways it's been doing this weird thing where it runs awfully at around 20FPS for like a half hour, then runs flawlessly at 90FPS for like a minute, and it's just an endless cycle of this.
However, I noticed something very strange today: In-game, with the usual bad performance, my CPU is at 80-100% usage the entire time with 30-ish FPS. But, when I open task manager, my CPU usage goes down to 20% and I get a consistent 90FPS, then eventually crashes and my CPU usage goes back up to 80%.

Keep in mind, this is only on Rec Room, and seems to only happen to me.

Rec Room:
DX11
Unity

PC:
RTX 3070
i7-10700F @4.58GHz
16GB DDR4
Windows 10 Home 21H2 (Tried reverting to 20H2, didn't change much)
Sounds like it's mining crypto in the background.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1