Hardware Stuck on intial setup (1216A)

MaxiBus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hy,
i bought a used 1216A model, witch cannot establish connection with the controller.

When i power on the console, it starts normal until the first blue screen appears, where ist says "connect the dualshock 4 wireless controller using the usb cable"
When i connect my DS4 from my PS Pro (working perfectly) with a USB cable, the white light is flashing, but no connection. Its working in safe mode, but not in normal mode.

So i thought, maybe its a dead bluetooth module, so i bough a wired Nacon Gamepad, but it doesnt work either.
It connects (blue light is on), but when i click the PS button, nothing happens. only when i click the "share" button, it says something like "cannot display menu now", so thats the proof, that the controller is working, but the PS doesnt react on pressing the PS button.

Does anyone have an idea what to do/try next?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190427_115413.jpg
    20190427_115413.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,259
D

Deleted User

Hy,
i bought a used 1216A model, witch cannot establish connection with the controller.

When i power on the console, it starts normal until the first blue screen appears, where ist says "connect the dualshock 4 wireless controller using the usb cable"
When i connect my DS4 from my PS Pro (working perfectly) with a USB cable, the white light is flashing, but no connection. Its working in safe mode, but not in normal mode.

So i thought, maybe its a dead bluetooth module, so i bough a wired Nacon Gamepad, but it doesnt work either.
It connects (blue light is on), but when i click the PS button, nothing happens. only when i click the "share" button, it says something like "cannot display menu now", so thats the proof, that the controller is working, but the PS doesnt react on pressing the PS button.

Thanks!

Can be

Bluetooth chip

Corrupt part of NOR

MaxiBus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks, i tried with a wired nacon without bluetooth function, but it doesnt work either.
in safe mode, its working fine, wired Nacon and authentic DS4 with USB cable.

"Corrupt part of NOR" How to fix nor?

EDIT: Plus, the System reacts to the controller, because when pressing the Share button, it shows the message with "cannot display menu" thing

Last edited by MaxiBus,
D

Deleted User

Thanks, i tried with a wired nacon without bluetooth function, but it doesnt work either.
in safe mode, its working fine, wired Nacon and authentic DS4 with USB cable.

"Corrupt part of NOR" How to fix nor?

Watch video as it might be bluetooth module

In case its nor

You will need to be able to read NOR chip with Teensy etc

Read nor
Patch nor dump
Flash nor

Check out Andrew Paul's other videos on this - He goes into step by step detail on how to fix corrupt nors

PS4 hardware is so faulty its worse than XBOX RROD

Last edited by ,

MaxiBus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I know all of these videos and i am not able to replace this module ;)
But i am talking about a WIRED controller, it should work with dead BT module too?

D

Deleted User

I know all of these videos and i am not able to replace this module ;)
But i am talking about a WIRED controller, it should work with dead BT module too?

All info in videos, that question is addressed in video

PS4 uses USB and not bluetooth in recovery

So that means your usb is working

And also means either your Bluetooth module is bad or your nor bluetooth data is partially corrupt

Watch video and you will have all your questions answered

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Traace

MaxiBus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok, but before i watch 28 minutes of video, one question: The PS4 reacts to the "Share" button of my Narcon Controller(wired), but not to the PS button, do you still think, its a BT module problem?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, sorry, didnt see your second video

D

Deleted User

Ok, but before i watch 28 minutes of video, one question: The PS4 reacts to the "Share" button of my Narcon Controller(wired), but not to the PS button, do you still think, its a BT module problem?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, sorry, didnt see your second video

If you can dump nor

Check to see if bluetooth part is corrupt by follwing steps in video

If nor is not corrupt then its your BT module

From video Andrew pretty much states that:
If you have no connectivity over BT or USB then its def your BT module
If you have only USB conectivity its most likely corrupt NOR

Last PS4 I got in with this issue had USB in recovery
After dumping NOR I confirmed Blue tooth part was corrupt meaning my BT module was good and was a software issue

Last edited by ,

MaxiBus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for the info, i have a hard time understanding the english language in the videos, but will try my best.
I will grab a teensy board and will come back when i have more information from the dump. Thanks!

Reactions: Deleted User

andruxjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hy,

Thanks!

Hey! did you manage to solve this?? I have the exact same issue with my controller. I appreciate any walkthrough to fix this pls!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1