Suggestion: DONT USE AOMEI PARTITION MANAGER!!!!!!

Trophies
XP
Recently, I was upgrading a partitions storage [which had Windows 8.1 on it] to 49 gigabytes as I was running out of space, and I merged it with another partition. When I was done, ba-boom, Windows 8.1 couldn't connect to the internet and I couldn't even sign in, and when I tried to access it via Windows 10.. Access Denied!
It was corrupted.
So I just reinstalled it after re-initializing it.

So suggestion: DON'T USE IT!!!

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Recently, I was upgrading a partitions storage [which had Windows 8.1 on it] to 49 gigabytes as I was running out of space, and I merged it with another partition. When I was done, ba-boom, Windows 8.1 couldn't connect to the internet and I couldn't even sign in, and when I tried to access it via Windows 10.. Access Denied!
It was corrupted.

I've been using it for almost 5 years now, never failed me once when cloning HDDs/SSDs for my customers, even though I never opt for cloning but for reinstalling then transferring data, but most console upgrades require cloning which is much easier and safer. It's really sad seeing you experiencing this, but this is pretty much life, report it to their customer support so they can work on it in the next update.

Trophies
XP
I've been using it for almost 5 years now, never failed me once when cloning HDDs/SSDs for my customers, even though I never opt for cloning but for reinstalling then transferring data, but most console upgrades require cloning which is much easier and safer. It's really sad seeing you experiencing this, but this is pretty much life, report it to their customer support so they can work on it in the next update.
Good idea. Also, I was cloning personally because.. Well, 29 gigabytes isnt enough for Windows 8.1!!

Reactions: YuseiFD

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was corrupted.

Okay? .... I have used it to repair partitions without issues, using the Hirens Boot DVD.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Al_Touriste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't think it is specific to AOMEI, from my experience everytime you try to extend or merge partitions, there is a risk to loose all data. Always backup before modifying a partition especially with windows formats.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7