MonMonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
umm.. any HDMI cable should do...
theyr all the same dw about it
oh thanks for the quick reply..the one on the link says "Supports up to 36-bit colors" there is other one says 16 bit only? so is there any deference in term using with switch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pretty much any HDMI cable would be fine, maybe really poorly made ones may be worth avoiding.
oh okey great thanks

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...the one on the link says "Supports up to 36-bit colors" there is other one says 16 bit only? so is there any deference in term using with switch

That's related to the Colour Depth, 30/36/48 bit been HDMI 1.3 spec.
in relation to the switch it's not something to worry about, just grab a 2.0 spec HDMI cable (in case you want to use it with anything else) and you'll be fine.

Reactions: MonMonz

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its digital signal, as long as the cables come good, you are good to go. Now for 4K some older crappy low bandwidth cables won't make it, but Switch wont ever support 4K at least never for gaming as even 1080P is hard for the system to achieve good performance on current games from other platforms...

However indeed some cheap cables on ebay suck, my friend got one which was green and other had no sound (they are probably folded inside or badly soldered), my 5 meters hdmi 2.0 cheap cable also if I touch it it loses signal, but it still working fine.

However if someone rich want a proper hdmi there's one which cost like 100+eur but it actually does a bit of magic, it has a processing chip inside lag-free that adds better anti-aliasing and other features, its not just a cable and requires power.

Last edited by guily6669,

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its digital signal, as long as the cables come good, you are good to go. Now for 4K some older crappy low bandwidth cables won't make it, but Switch wont ever support 4K at least never for gaming as even 1080P is hard for the system to achieve good performance on current games from other platforms...

However indeed some cheap cables on ebay suck, my friend got one which was green and other had no sound (they are probably folded inside or badly soldered), my 5 meters hdmi 2.0 cheap cable also if I touch it it loses signal, but it still working fine.

However if someone rich want a proper hdmi there's one which cost like 100+eur but it actually does a bit of magic, it has a processing chip inside lag-free that adds better anti-aliasing and other features, its not just a cable and requires power.

I have HDMI cables from 5+years ago, I have a 75" 4k hdr TV, 5.1 surround, all content of all kinds plays perfectly with the cables.

You sound like some horrible best buy salesperson trying to con people into buying bullshit they don't need.

Monoprice cables are perfect.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no... All my hdmis are cheap from eBay like 2eur... And actually there used to be lower bandwidth HDMI cables that only support 4k 30fps...

And the 100eur cable I talked like I said is for rich ppl but it does increase the visual quality since it's built in chip improves Colors, fixes chromatic aberration and adds anti-aliasing all lag free.

Also I claimed that they are digital so the quality is basically the same on all hdmi cables.

But again 2 hdmi Cables I bought cheap from eBay fail, they seem to be badly soldered inside, on both the image get lost if I just touch the cable and my friend also got 2 bad ones, one with no sound and one shows green and you need to keep messing on the hdmi cable tip until it get image.

Ps: you can just go on eBay and buy any hdmi 2.0 cheap cable with the length you need, if the hdmi has problems just ask for money back and buy other...

MonMonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Actually no... All my hdmis are cheap from eBay like 2eur... And actually there used to be lower bandwidth HDMI cables that only support 4k 30fps...

And the 100eur cable I talked like I said is for rich ppl but it does increase the visual quality since it's built in chip improves Colors, fixes chromatic aberration and adds anti-aliasing all lag free.

Also I claimed that they are digital so the quality is basically the same on all hdmi cables.

But again 2 hdmi Cables I bought cheap from eBay fail, they seem to be badly soldered inside, on both the image get lost if I just touch the cable and my friend also got 2 bad ones, one with no sound and one shows green and you need to keep messing on the hdmi cable tip until it get image.

Ps: you can just go on eBay and buy any hdmi 2.0 cheap cable with the length you need, if the hdmi has problems just ask for money back and buy other...
I will do exactly what you Said thank you so much

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
i lost my original HDMI cable i will go a head and buy other one from a local store in my area
so is there any special things i should take into consideration when i purchase one? is there any risk to brick my system with it?
also i found this one is it okey to buy?

https://radioshack.com.eg/en/product/product&path=573&product_id=12266

thanks in advance :)

Any HDMI cable should work. Be careful just to buy one with ground well implemented. Reputable brands shouldn't be a problem. If you buy one in the street that you have doubts, just plug it into a TV or something turned on and put your thumb in the other end. If you feel current, i.e.: a light shock, you should get another one.

That one should be fine.

Last edited by pustal,

Sayora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have money to burn, you can get the mCable Gaming Edition which is +$100 and is supposed to make it look better somehow.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep that's the one I was talking about, it's the hdmi of the rich :). But it does improve quality because it has a built-in processing chip and needs extra power thought usb.
Any HDMI cable should work. Be careful just to buy one with ground well implemented. Reputable brands shouldn't be a problem. If you buy one in the street that you have doubts, just plug it into a TV or something turned on and put your thumb in the other end. If you feel current, i.e.: a light shock, you should get another one.

That one should be fine.
I don't know if it's exactly like that... All my HDMI cables do electricity flashes when connecting the last tip tip on a device that is ON.

PS4\PS4 pro hdmi, my Xbox 360 nice quality from M$, the ones that came with IPTV box also do it...

I think it's more the device it self and the fact that nothing has earth plug on socket, internal ground sucks in comparison to earth ground socket for devices.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have money to burn, you can get the mCable Gaming Edition which is +$100 and is supposed to make it look better somehow.
what a waste of fucking money and i guarantee it won't be much better than the cheap cables! people who buy them have rocks in their skull LMAO!

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: g00s3y and MonMonz

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Make sure it's 1.4, but 99% of all HDMI cables are that today so you shouldn't worry. I would recommend you order Amazon.de own cables. They're dirt cheap.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what a waste of fucking money and i guarantee it won't be much better than the cheap cables! people who buy them have rocks in their skull LMAO!
Yep, like I said its for rich people, but anyway if you have a lot of money and really like gaming console I guess you have no other way to increase game visual quality specially for old consoles or Switch which is quite less powerful than PS4 or Xone.

Mcable is not just a hdmi, it is has built-in processor, Linus tested in on youtube and it actually improve things, it's the only way to increase visual quality with Switch lag free...

Features of it:

- Edge smoother;
- Anti-aliasing CXAA;
- upscale to low-res to HD and HD to 4K;
- improved color\constrast and depth;
- Lag Free.

However like I said is only a cable for ppl that don't care spending 100$ or more on the cable, else just buy any cheap hdmi and if it works use it, though I recommend a cheap hdmi 2.0 which at least is ensured to run 4K 60 FPS like for PS4 Pro, Xone X and other devices.

EDIT: And it probably does a huge impact on TV's like my Samsung 4K which is super slow, on a normal mode the TV looks awesome, but unplayable, on gaming mode the TV disables almost every good image processing and looks like a crap, mCable will specially improve on those kind of slow TV's under gaming mode with features disabled.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users