Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorta a noob when it comes to Mario 64DS editing since this is the first time I've done anything with this game. But hey when I had crashes and stuff, I posted all the info about it that I could. Too bad more noobs can't do that.
tongue.gif
(that and I also try and fix the problem my self before I post about it. )

Downloading your new beta and will try it out and let you know if I run into any problems with it.

(also noticed that 2.0 betas thus far does not have a icon. It's currently the default exe icon Windows uses for command line programs and programs that are missing a icon)

EDIT: Would also like to report that the multiplayer version of Castle Grounds loads now. Great work! Thanks for the effort you put into this!

EDIT 2: Set up all the warps and pipes. Both levels still load. Going great so far. Will see if the rom works on the hardware before throwing it into the emulator.

EDIT 3: Video of my attempt to run it on the hardware if it helps any: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZGsaab78s

EDIT 4: Warp Pipes in both versions of Castle Grounds and linked together with no problems ingame or the editor! Great work!

Video of what I did and how it behaves ingame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFGOTeuxmo

Looks like I got the level warps figured out!
biggrin.gif
The editor seems much more stable now and am more confidant in doing other things.
biggrin.gif

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Apache Thunder said:
I'm sorta a noob when it comes to Mario 64DS editing since this is the first time I've done anything with this game. But hey when I had crashes and stuff, I posted all the info about it that I could. Too bad more noobs can't do that.
tongue.gif
(that and I also try and fix the problem my self before I post about it. )
For SM64DS hacking, you'd then be a newbie, not a noob. They're not the same in my vision of things
tongue.gif

Apache Thunder said:
(also noticed that 2.0 betas thus far does not have a icon. It's currently the default exe icon Windows uses for command line programs and programs that are missing a icon)
The windows do have icons, tho... probably I have more important things to do with the editor than adding its icon, but I'll look into that
tongue.gif

Apache Thunder said:
EDIT: Would also like to report that the multiplayer version of Castle Grounds loads now. Great work! Thanks for the effort you put into this!
That was not much actually
tongue.gif
just matter of finding the little differences between EUR and USA/JAP ROMs
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Apache Thunder @ Jun 27 2011, 08:43 PM)
EDIT 2: Set up all the warps and pipes. Both levels still load. Going great so far. Will see if the rom works on the hardware before throwing it into the emulator.

EDIT 3: Video of my attempt to run it on the hardware if it helps any: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZGsaab78s

EDIT 4: Warp Pipes in both versions of Castle Grounds and linked together with no problems ingame or the editor! Great work!

Video of what I did and how it behaves ingame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFGOTeuxmo

Looks like I got the level warps figured out!
biggrin.gif
The editor seems much more stable now and am more confidant in doing other things.
biggrin.gif
Well, glad for you
smile.gif
and I'm also glad that the editor is finally somewhat usable
tongue.gif

Edit- how come the object highlights look so weirdass on your end? Is the stencil-buffer yet another thing that only works for me? Every goddamned video card should support it! Or I just did something wrong that is being compensed by ATI's drivers but not others...

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The object highlight? Thought that was normal so I didn't notice it.

Only suggestion I can offer up right now is perhaps smarter object placement when placing new objects. They almost always end up underground where I click to place a new object. I know it would be impossible to have the object appear exactly where one would want it to by clicking the location, but perhaps add basic vertical detection so that it knows where the terrain is and puts it above it instead of below it in la la land.
tongue.gif

I've also noticed it's hard to move/rotate objects around when the view of them is obstructed by the terrain or another object. (which compounds the annoyingness of placing new objects mentioned above. I almost always have to move the camera around so it will let me move the object.
tongue.gif
)

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Noobs wouldn't scare me, they'd just make it harder for me to know what to do, since I would have to retrieve the useful bits of information among tons of useless noob complaints, and stick them back to obtain something usable
tongue.gif

loco365

Trophies
XP
I found a small glitch. If you go to the import model menu and open "Import Model," but click cancel, you may get an Unhandled exception.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'StatusStrip'.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5444 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SM64DSe
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jordan/Desktop/New%20folder/SM64DSe.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
OpenTK
Win32 Version: 1.0.278.44921
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jordan/Desktop/New%20folder/OpenTK.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
OpenTK.GLControl
Win32 Version: 1.0.278.44921
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jordan/Desktop/New%20folder/OpenTK.GLControl.DLL
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I was on the general purpose test map and I hadn't made any changes.

Also, how do you export textures for Sketchup to use? Could there be a textures export tool so that we can apply them?

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Alright. Silly error on my part. Materials that don't explicitly specify an opacity (d/Tr), get an opacity of 0 due to an uninitialized variable... fixed for the next beta
smile.gif

Also guys, don't ask me how to use Sketchup! I'm not the Sketchup User Manual!

If you were talking about exporting textures from SM64DS's models... SM64DSe v1.01 has that feature (in the 3D model tab, right click a material in the list and hit Export texture). I will reimplement it (or not, given that there will be a model exporter).

Kingdino

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Congratulations on creating this editor Mega-Mario.
yaynds.gif

I predict many hacks SM 64 DS soon.
closedeyes.gif

Does there exist the possibility of a future editor for Mario Kart DS?
unsure.gif

loco365

Trophies
XP
Mega-Mario said:
Alright. Silly error on my part. Materials that don't explicitly specify an opacity (d/Tr), get an opacity of 0 due to an uninitialized variable... fixed for the next beta
smile.gif

Also guys, don't ask me how to use Sketchup! I'm not the Sketchup User Manual!

If you were talking about exporting textures from SM64DS's models... SM64DSe v1.01 has that feature (in the 3D model tab, right click a material in the list and hit Export texture). I will reimplement it (or not, given that there will be a model exporter).
Ok. I guess I'll have to get it then until the next beta is available.

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope in the future someone can hack super mario galaxy 2 and make a 3rd one.
smile.gif
I wish nintendo would of made one before they started there new system.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmace81 said:
I sure hope in the future someone can hack super mario galaxy 2 and make a 3rd one.
smile.gif
I wish nintendo would of made one before they started there new system.
Unofficial 3rd games usually aren't that great. That, and SMG2 has been hacked before.

livetek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Masterpaul said:
If you cant figure out sketch up you cant use anything.
tongue.gif

I was thinking... editing the engine into an fps hmm....

I think you can with Action Replay Codes.
And you can play into the multiplayer Map with SM64DS Editor if you switch or warp the map.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
An interesting glitch with the game I noticed. I placed a couple more warp pipes to the multiplayer version of Castle Grounds. I put one on the top of the castle and one on the side. I set up one to go to the castle courtyard. That works great. But when I use the pipe to go back to the multiplayer castle grounds, the entire level is invisible! (same thing happens if I warp to the one on top of the castle) I know it's not the warps doing it as they are set up the same way as the first. I go to the first one I made and the level is visible when I use that one.

Perhaps there's an odd quirk in the multiplayer level where if mario doesn't start out at the expected area, the textures never load? The second warp pipe I had placed was clear on the other side of the map.

Also while in multiplayer mode the warp pipe still works, but it won't warp to the singleplayer version. It just warps me back to the same level and resets the timer/star count. Interesting. It would likely mean more work for someone who wants to make normal adventure mode in multiplayer. Looks like the game can't keep track of the players when they start using warps? I feel it will take a LOT of hacking to get multiplayer working for normal adventure mode. How the game would keep track of each player after they start warping to other places would probably be the most difficult thing to fix.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Oh, right. Make sure that your warps have the right area IDs on them. Entrances must have that settings somewhere, don't know where though. But the game will only render stuff that's in the area it thinks the character is in.

As for the multiplayer warps, I don't think multiplayer is supposed to support warps... as it goes through download play, I think it's limited to the existing multiplayer levels, hence it ain't work with singleplayer levels.

Also guys, finally, FINALLY! I figured out what's causing the compatibility problem with R4 flashcarts! Expect the fix to come in the next beta.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sure :D