ROM Hack Super Mario Bros. CD

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, this is a bit of a bump, but I came across this topic and watched the trailer. It looks interesting, and I appreciate that it's using the Super Mario World engine. I'll wait the year and a half for it.

It'll be something to look forward to in 2025.

Reactions: lordelan

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw this and fell in love with it. Pretty hyped:

Has a little of SMB 1 + SMB 2 while still being a SMW rom hack and thus having SMW mechanics as well (of course).

Looks cool, but totally not interested. If this was released on the SNES CD, then its going to be damn near impossible since it never came out.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks cool, but totally not interested. If this was released on the SNES CD, then its going to be damn near impossible since it never came out.
I think the point of it is to look as if it *was* made for that system. Like the Nintendo PlayStation that has a working prototype.

FamicomCD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think the point of it is to look as if it *was* made for that system. Like the Nintendo PlayStation that has a working prototype.

The point is that nothing is real. Super Mario Bros. CD is based on our fictional FamicomCD which is based on the original Famicom rather than the Super Famicom.

You can read more here, and here:
famicomcd.github.io/smbcd
famicomcd.github.io/about

(if only I could use proper links, but I created this account just to rectify these misunderstandings).

If you have any questions for me or wish to confirm that this is in fact an official FamicomCD account, feel free to reply or send me a DM here or on Twitter :]

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The point is that nothing is real. Super Mario Bros. CD is based on our fictional FamicomCD which is based on the original Famicom rather than the Super Famicom.

You can read more here, and here:
famicomcd.github.io/smbcd
famicomcd.github.io/about

(if only I could use proper links, but I created this account just to rectify these misunderstandings).

If you have any questions for me or wish to confirm that this is in fact an official FamicomCD account, feel free to reply or send me a DM here or on Twitter :]
Great to have you around here.
I can't judge the level construction yet as I only know the two demo levels but everything else (graphics, animations, soundtrack, mood and feel) already put this among the best SMW romhacks ever. I'm curious whether you guys can deliver throughout the whole game.

Thank you very much for your work!

FamicomCD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to have you around here.
I can't judge the level construction yet as I only know the two demo levels but everything else (graphics, animations, soundtrack, mood and feel) already put this among the best SMW romhacks ever. I'm curious whether you guys can deliver throughout the whole game.

Thank you very much for your work!

Suppose it is convenient to have an account here haha.

Regardless, we’re pushing hard to make sure the vibes are there, the graphics and sound are of the utmost quality, and most importantly that the levels are fun and memorable! That quality expectation goes for all of our related pages and what not, and we’re glad that all of you are here for our ride haha.

SMBCD is still in a proof of concept stage at the moment we feel, but we’re going to try our best to deliver a game that is closest to our original vision without cutting many if any corners, and I’m confident we can pull it off. We may have to cut a few corners, but that will usually come from the limits of working with SMW and Super NES hardware.

We appreciate your support, and we’re gonna be sure to keep up the work we do!

• Love

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll be the first old man to leave some criticism... that water stage with the coins is not at all easy on the eyes... I hope that one in particular sees some drastic changes before release.

While we wait, I recommend for some of you to check out Mario Kingdom Fusion. I would have to write a literal book to begin explaining what was thrown into it...

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: FamicomCD

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suppose it is convenient to have an account here haha.

Regardless, we’re pushing hard to make sure the vibes are there, the graphics and sound are of the utmost quality, and most importantly that the levels are fun and memorable! That quality expectation goes for all of our related pages and what not, and we’re glad that all of you are here for our ride haha.

SMBCD is still in a proof of concept stage at the moment we feel, but we’re going to try our best to deliver a game that is closest to our original vision without cutting many if any corners, and I’m confident we can pull it off. We may have to cut a few corners, but that will usually come from the limits of working with SMW and Super NES hardware.

We appreciate your support, and we’re gonna be sure to keep up the work we do!
It's nice to hear from the actual dev. Thank you for taking the time to post here. I appreciate that, even after 30+ years, Super Mario World is still getting attention.

FamicomCD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll be the first old man to leave some criticism... that water stage with the coins is not at all easy on the eyes... I hope that one in particular sees some drastic changes before release.

While we wait, I recommend for some of you to check out Mario Kingdom Fusion. I would have to write a literal book to begin explaining what was thrown into it...
We’re aware, and we’re adjusting to effect to make it easier on sensitive eyes! We haven’t created a concrete effect that gives the best of both worlds in aesthetics and accessibility, but I’m sure we’ll get some good results soon.

Interesting, thanks for the recommendation. Gotta disagree though, I'm fine with the two levels just the way they are currently.

@FamicomCD Thanks for the insights. I'm really hyped for your romhack! =)
Of course! I don’t like to shy away from talking to everyone, and I’m glad that we could make a project that has wide spread reach and interest. It kinda went outside our expectations when I posted the trailer to YouTube haha.

It's nice to hear from the actual dev. Thank you for taking the time to post here. I appreciate that, even after 30+ years, Super Mario World is still getting attention.
Of course!
And Super Mario World is possibly the most active and developed hacking community that I know! It’s almost impressive!

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We’re aware, and we’re adjusting to effect to make it easier on sensitive eyes! We haven’t created a concrete effect that gives the best of both worlds in aesthetics and accessibility, but I’m sure we’ll get some good results soon.

Of course! I don’t like to shy away from talking to everyone, and I’m glad that we could make a project that has wide spread reach and interest. It kinda went outside our expectations when I posted the trailer to YouTube haha.

Of course!
And Super Mario World is possibly the most active and developed hacking community that I know! It’s almost impressive!
It's good of you and the team to take fan feedback into account. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on how the project develops.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think the SMW modding community can hold a candle to the Super Metroid modding community? It's so popular and so refined, you can make mods online via a web page...

Reactions: FamicomCD

FamicomCD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's good of you and the team to take fan feedback into account. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on how the project develops.
Half of being a good fan project or indie project in general is fan communication I feel, so being able to do that is vital.

You think the SMW modding community can hold a candle to the Super Metroid modding community? It's so popular and so refined, you can make mods online via a web page...
Definitely! I don't think you can make mods via website, but SMW hacking feels pretty easy and accessible with SMWCentral hosting thousands of hacks, vast resources from graphics to ASM patches to tutorials, and excellent tools that are fairly easy to get the hang of.

Reactions: Ligeia and lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?