'Super Mario Party' gets online game modes with new, free update

mario party.jpg

Super Mario Party, which launched in 2018 on the Nintendo Switch, got a new update today! The last update, which included data fixes, was launched back in 2019 but the next one that comes nearly 2 years later brings more content to the game. Version 1.1.0, which released today, adds the following new modes to the game via the free update:
  • Mario Party
  • Partner Party
  • Free Play (Minigames)

These new additions are however accessible online only through a subscription to the paid Nintendo Switch Online service. Irrespective of your in-game progress, playing online will make all of the 20 characters and all maps available while 70 of the total 80 minigames will be available to play. In addition, when playing online, play data won’t be saved.

If you haven't played Super Mario Party yet, you can check out our official review linked below where the game scored an 8.2/10.

:arrow: Super Mario Party Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: SOURCE

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh well, I already modded my switch and stopped paying for their online services after being too disappointed with them.
Even better online modes won't make this game worth the price in my opinion, with 4 tiny boards and worse gameplay it's still disappointing compared to the older Mario Party games.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly Pro Controller support would take this game to the next level. DLC map packs would be great too. Still love the game, will definitely be playing it again.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this came out of nowhere. Didn't think it take so long for a update especially from a nintendo made game. Maybe the netplay is actually... dare i say... good? Just a thought since it took this long to be added. :blink:

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds kind of half assed, but damn, they finally released this
Everyone knew this update was coming till they went "screw switch, gachas are the true money printers" so hard it made them look bad

It's still missing the extra maps, improvements and mini games it would bring, but hey, you can now play with your friends during the pandemic... Only a year too late.
(While the pandemic is still going on, this coming out now seems to be causing more of a "wtf why" reaction rather than "yay now I can stay safe AND play with my friends " they hoped, but it will make them look good on paper as a concerned brand. I hate the current Nintendo administration )

Reactions: IC_

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So it took a whole year for Nintendo to think that a game that can be played online could use a few updates to play better online. Despite the game only being playable online if you pay extra every month.

Last edited by raxadian,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This garbage still lacks the ability to skip repeated tutorials and only has a handful of maps, doesn't it?

Eh, if you're into the luck-based, skill-less, rage-inducing Party series, just stick with the first few games - from what I hear, anyway.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder if it have lan play to use with switch lanplay tunneling. Official servers have a bad performance here in Brazil...

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As has been pointed out already, there’s really no excuse for this coming so late. And frankly it doesn’t fix the issue of content. That said, this is a favorite game of the wife and I to play with friends, which we’ve had to shelve thanks to lockdowns and people not being able to come over. This might actually get us playing it again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)