Super Mario RPG has leaked online

marioryurpg.png

To little surprise, Super Mario RPG has leaked a week ahead of its scheduled release date.

Pinned for a November 17th retail release date, the game has already been dumped and shared online. Super Mario RPG for Nintendo Switch is a remake of the 1996 classic Super Nintendo game - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

We kindly remind you to take due notice of the following...

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

Will you be playing Super Mario RPG? Have you already? Let us know your thoughts in the thread below.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played the original but just tried this game. I'm Not a fan of turn based games, but I tried anyways. I found it boring.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is an incredibly weird take I've seen a lot of. She looks fine. People either want immersion, or they don't. I've come to the conclusion that the standard "gamer" is just a nitpicky aesthetic fetishist that demands every visual commodity cater to their insatiable desires. They don't play games to have fun, because the slightest slant against their opinion toward visual presence "breaks immersion". It blows my mind that somebody will blow $60+ just for a license to bitch.
I edited my comment specifically to add "from some searching"; I agree with you, on this point.
It's been some time since the first game, so of course the characters are gonna age a little, including MJ, so complaining about that doesn't make sense.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder how much of the gameplay will be different from the SNES original; will there be any rebalancing at all, to make Bowser and Mallow more useful? I imagine the action commands will have tighter timings, which should be nice.

I wonder how they'll handle Toadstool's ??? item - keep it in? Same with the Samus cameo, from memory.

Oh, and as for whether I'll get it...eeeeh. Depends on how much has changed - I already have a slew of games I want to get through, but thanks to work I don't have the time anymore (not like two years ago and prior), such as finishing Kingdom Hearts 1 again, playing KH2 again and KH3 finally, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, going back through the Ace Attorney series (been AGES since I have), playing DOOM '16 again...
Ugh, I hate not having as much free time.

Some qol (fast travel, buff for party based on party members, shortcut for healing itens without enter the menu every time, if you have more than 3 characters when a party member sleeps or dies, eu can change in the battle, like a pokemon battle, other stuff)

"2 types" of timed atks (1-you get the second action but dont hit all foes, 2- if you hit frame perfect, hit all foes and gives a boost in damage)

Overall Gameplay didnt change

same ??? Item in the same spot

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
What is up with Nintendo games getting leaked and not something like Xbox, or Playstation? This may not be a problem to some people cause they don't give a shit about Nintendo, but for someone that likes emulation and such, I find it a little unnecessary for people to already get this game miles before release.

And this isn't the first time that this happened too. Tears of the Kingdom, Super Mario Wonder, and NOW this game. Imagine if this is the new fate of new Nintendo games getting released... (the only thing I want to know from poeple who have the game is if they have kept the Bruce Lee joke in the game)

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, 20 years ago! I downloaded, installed played for 5 minutes then deleted it again. It just doesn't warrant the space on a hard drive for me. Still for those that like this type of game, enjoy!

My first playthrough was around 2001 or 2, about 4 years after I'd gotten out of school for good and about 1 year after I'd gotten married, and realized the social life of my 20's was way back there in the rear view mirror like it or not. I trudged through it for something to do.

About 9 years later, I guided my 7yo daughter playing through the entire game on Wii VC. That was a special experience for both of us, she still talks about it. I remember how amazed and frightened she was when I showed her how to walk through the wall in Monstro Town and we encountered Culex. She let me take over for that battle and cheered me on the whole way. Magic stuff. So, I love this game.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't surprised this leaked.
While a part of me wants to buy this game to encourage rereleases of their legendary games, I don't want to give Nintendo my money in any way, so I will likely pick up a 2nd hand physical copy after downloading it.
Grew up playing this game and fell in love with it in minutes. Huge fan of everything Squaresoft did back in the day, and adding Mario made it great :)

MPRTwice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an incredibly weird take I've seen a lot of. She looks fine. People either want immersion, or they don't. I've come to the conclusion that the standard "gamer" is just a nitpicky aesthetic fetishist that demands every visual commodity cater to their insatiable desires. They don't play games to have fun, because the slightest slant against their opinion toward visual presence "breaks immersion". It blows my mind that somebody will blow $60+ just for a license to bitch.
You don't know the half of it, the government spends up to 650 million per jet out of taxpayer dollars and _still_ comes up with things to complain about.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard there are performance issues, can anyone confirm? Wonder if a day one patch will improve things if so. I might try the game at some point even tho it's not my usual genre, but no rush as I'm hella backlogged.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, hilarious. We didn't even have SNES emulation when the game first came out!

Second, I think it's insane that this is going to be the first time people are experiencing the game. You have no idea how wild it was - kids who were Mario fans but had never touched a single RPG getting thrown into a Squaresoft game at the height of their wackiness. Stuff was WEIRD WEIRD and we just had to act like it was normal and everything was fine because our parents had just dropped $70 on it for our birthday.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson