• Views 15,013
  • Replies 25
  • Likes 7

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I don't know if "it doesn't fit the game" per se. It feels like they sort of copied the original and kept the same sort of basic general theme, but they completely lost the feel -- particularly the metal -- and went softer for some reason. The result is something that sort of vaguely sounds like the original, but ultimately is mediocre and forgettable. If any of you are familiar with ocremix.org it sort of reminds me of how those people there sort of copy themes of original songs but go their own direction. Just for some reason they went a really soft and boring direction. So basically it still sort of fits the game, it just doesn't do anything else at all and basically isn't worth bothering with. (I sure wouldn't buy a soundtrack based on it...)

internal problems between Edmund and Danny (composer), they had a disagreement or something and drifted apart, so Danny didn't give him permission to use his soundtrack in newer releases of the game.
They should have done whatever it would take to keep the good soundtrack. Paying him more or whatever it took. I'll admit they tricked me. I bought the game immediately upon the Switch release without checking first because I never assumed they'd do a thing like this. Had I known I absolutely would not have. I will now not ever buy any new versions of the game for anything else under the assumption that they won't have fixed it, so this ultimately costs them. A lot of people will hear in advance and just not buy it -- not everyone will be fooled. So it's probably a bit of a death sentence for a game that could have kept going for a long time otherwise.

Last edited by Nazosan,

Dahlor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is not enjoyable with the absence of the old original music.
There is a pre modded NSP floating around the web now :P

Any way you could PM me where you saw this floating around? I've looked everywhere and can't find a thing.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
it's completely different and doesn't fit the game, DannyB is just too good
I did check out the soundtrack on YouTube, and about half of it doesn't fit at all. The other half fits, but is still far worse. So this mod is definitely a godsend, I don't think I could play it without the original soundtrack and I feel sorry for those who have never had the chance to play with the original soundtrack and think this is the way it's supposed to be.
The music was what kept me going despite dying over and over and I feel like I would get sick of it quickly weren't it for that.

SethPDA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you very much bro for your effort! Works like charm! Now we can enjoy SMB on the switch, how it's meant to be enjoyed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm