Super Scribblenauts Gamescom trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sequel to the unique 2009 DS game, Scribblenauts, Super Scribblenauts is coming now. The developers have taken the negative criticism from the first game and hope to make a better experience this time. The newest trailer shown at Gamescom-

Super Scribblenauts is a unique word-oriented puzzle game. Like its predecessor, it uses a word-based creation utility which lets you type out general nouns and they will appear on screen to help you solve puzzles and conquer levels. New to the sequel is adjective support, which enhances the actions you can make objects do. Coupled with nouns, you can add characteristics to the objects/animals/people you create. They are also looking to enhance level design and objectives to be more like an actual game and less an open sandbox with very little objective or goal. Limitations are what they hope to tear down, but they also wish to eliminate easy ways to spam a specific type of action you type. In the previous game, it was easy to almost "cheat" by using a specific word to dominate the entire game. The developers of Super Scribblenauts claim to be balancing the experience and want users to use more creativity to beat the levels this time. Lastly, they're making improvements to the controls, letting you control Maxwell either by the dpad OR the touch screen. [/p]
Super Scribblenauts is scheduled to release this October in the US. Here's hoping the improvements made are big and make a spectacular game. The first game had excellent ideas but felt only partially finished on a whole. We'll see soon!
wink.gif

Source- GoNintendo

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wasn`t all that impressed with the first one due to strange controls and uninteresting level-design... I hope this version will solve the problems of the first one, since there is so much potential!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Looking great, and I'm sure the changes will make this a much more balanced-out game.

I loved the concept idea of the first Scribblenauts, but it was just badly implemented in the game.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
adjectives and nouns.......*taking all bets on most colourful euphemism to be created*QUOTE(dudeonline @ Aug 16 2010, 11:16 PM) purple headed one eyed monster! Finally my creation will come to light! mwahahaha!
Don't forget the 'one-eyed trouser snake', & we can FINALLY play with TrolleyDave 'pink joystick'

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I liked the first Scribblenauts. Adjectives are definitely going to add to the already colossal replay value. What a great team, 5th Cell is. You can tell they're totally devoted to fixing the qualms of the first one. Definitely purchase-worthy!

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet they still exclude all words related to alcohol so no drunken cthulhu... or inebriated squirrel, and no champagne to celebrate the wedding...

Oh and when are they going to add gore effects?
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

The game looks much better.
I'm glad it uses the D-Pad instead of those horrible touch controls. I might purchase this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw