Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it's not looking good for a Canadian release date! BestBuy and Futureshop, showing dates for March 31 now. Even though NA release dates apply to US and Canada, it's odd that Canadian sites are doing this..

Yeah, I saw the commercials, and I gotta say, PT is going to be my second character I use, after Kirby of course.

Hopefully the leak will come out before exams start...

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Olimar fucking rocks.
Loved Pikmin.

Problem is, he can't do some of his attacks without his Pikmin >.>
Also, I think he's like the Ice Climbers. Crappy unless you master him.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

...My expectations!
laugh.gif
Yes that's right, my expectations are so huge that they should be their own playable character in this game. But seriously, the new (old) stages look great. I'm most excited about Hyrule Temple returning.
happy.gif
Pretty close on that one...

There seem to be people that are surprised by Olimar, but honestly, he's more obvious than Sonic. I'm guess one of his moves will be to call more pikmin to replace the dead ones...

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone please tell me that they didn't drop ness...

and who is this lucas dude? another earthbound character?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Lucas is some only in japan guy afaik. :a
I'm not sure, but i hope that they're not going to spoil unlockables in that blog? Ness could be one of those with some random characters

ps. who the hell is olimar? I know pikmins, but olimar just looks sucky.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I knew that since the beginning. He HAD TO be a playable character in Brawl. And he finally is now !! Great news. The game is coming out in 15 days in Japan !!!

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so happy that Olimar's in even though he looks "low tier" from a competitive smasher's standpoint...then again...I don't know the true nature of his moveset nor speed/jump height/recovery options/etc to give a full judgement.

Can't wait till the release of this game btw...

...I search under the Wii Releases section religiously to see if teh game was leaked.

X_x

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Lucas is some only in japan guy afaik. :a
I'm not sure, but i hope that they're not going to spoil unlockables in that blog? Ness could be one of those with some random characters

ps. who the hell is olimar? I know pikmins, but olimar just looks sucky.
Lucas is from Mother 3 and Earthbound is Mother 2. I don't think they'll drop Ness but it's possible, I hope it doesn't happen and think it's highly unlikely though...

And if you know what pikmin are but don't know who Olimar is, then you haven't played pikmin or don't know what it's about.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about no codes at all? Medal Of Honor seems to work pretty good without the codes actually. Seriously, codes suck. If they'll have codes on Mario Kart Wii which has 12 player online, that would be so stupid.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well this is definitely a unique surprise to wake up to, huh...I honestly never expected Olimar. I was one of the guys who doubted him. But I am pleased to see him, even if it does look like he sucks horribly...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Holy moly, Batman! I never expected Olimar to be a playable character. In fact, I 99% sure he was going to be an assist trophy. Well it looks like I just got one of my calls wrong, but on the plus side... new character!
grog.gif

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see why you guys are hatin on Olimar. He could be a masta of the pikmin chucks. I could see him pimping bitches left and right.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if another character could use Olimar's Pikmin as a weapon (Mr.Saturn anyone?).

Well, no one knows how Olimar will turn out (Not for 15 days atleast), but he will most likely have a odd moveset and Final Smash.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bout time they freaking announced another new character.

Super Smash Bros: 12 characters
Super Smash Bros Melee: 25 characters
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 23 characters (so far)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Olimar seems like one of those that you need to master, I was hoping for maybe Tingle that guy has grown on my since his NDS game and it would be awesome for those haters so they can kick the crap out of him.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 23 characters (so far)

Actually, 24. And those 24 characters are all original. The Smash bros had 25 but it had clone characters like Dr. Mario or Falco and others. If they add clones in this game, they can have lot more characters than Melee.

No, Zero Suit Samus doesn't count because you only change into her after Samus uses her final smash. And if we were to count her, then wed have to count Shiek from Melee, so both games would go up by 1 character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, what do you need help with?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Texasauras, what do you need help with?