Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
They're still alive
wtf.gif
? One thing is shure...the design/layout of the menu still looks awesome! Much better than many official Nintendo games!

But, I still think Clash is a bit better...the main engine behind it is simply better. It has more things to offer, in my opinion (weight, gravitation, etc...).

Oh well, in the end, everyone has to decide which version (Rumble or Clash) they want to use. I personally prefer a clean engine over a fantastic look...but that's just me.

Diddy_Kong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
They're still alive
wtf.gif
? One thing is shure...the design/layout of the menu still looks awesome! Much better than many official Nintendo games!

But, I still think Clash is a bit better...the main engine behind it is simply better. It has more things to offer, in my opinion (weight, gravitation, etc...).

Oh well, in the end, everyone has to decide which version (Rumble or Clash) they want to use. I personally prefer a clean engine over a fantastic look...but that's just me.

Why do people have to chose? Can't they play both? Both games have enough differences so that they will both be fun to play.

Also, the Diddy Kongs are explained in the first post, as cod4r said.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Do I ever remember this. I used to be quite an active participant on the SSBR forums. I was quite interested in the project. But after we went through like 5 coders who all eventually quit without adding anything except a few buggy clone characters to the project, I realized that it was all going nowhere. I left. Looks like it's gotten a reboot since then. Still, I don't know if you can ever pull off a decent Smash Bros. on such a limited 2-D environment.

Nevertheless, best of luck Neether

(Also, anyone remember that n00b from the old forums (black_boi) who got mod privileges, wrote in terrible unintelligible English, no grammar, and got his post count through the roof by spending his time on the forum making posts and then immediately deleting them? How he got promoted I will never know.)

cod4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Do I ever remember this. I used to be quite an active participant on the SSBR forums. I was quite interested in the project. But after we went through like 5 coders who all eventually quit without adding anything except a few buggy clone characters to the project, I realized that it was all going nowhere. I left. Looks like it's gotten a reboot since then. Still, I don't know if you can ever pull off a decent Smash Bros. on such a limited 2-D environment.

Nevertheless, best of luck Neether

(Also, anyone remember that n00b from the old forums (black_boi) who got mod privileges, wrote in terrible unintelligible English, no grammar, and got his post count through the roof by spending his time on the forum making posts and then immediately deleting them? How he got promoted I will never know.)

I do remember you Midna, we were wondering where you went off to.

Just to clear things up, we never left, we were just taking a break to get better at coding and passing on the torch to someone else.

BB was demoted a long time ago so I wouldn't worry about him anymore.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Raika said:
Maz7006 said:
I don't see why ninteno doesn't actually make SMBB for DS... it makes no sense not to.
It might take years. Look at Pokemon HG/SS...

What if they did a port of the N64 Smash Bros? they did an amazing job of Super Mario 64 DS and it looked better than the original, they could easily add in extra features from brawl to make it up to date eg final smash, more characters, more stages. Ok they could have been working on Super Mario 64 DS for years but it still shows its possible

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Supersonicmonk said:
Raika said:
Maz7006 said:
I don't see why ninteno doesn't actually make SMBB for DS... it makes no sense not to.

What if they did a port of the N64 Smash Bros? they did an amazing job of Super Mario 64 DS and it looked better than the original, they could easily add in extra features from brawl to make it up to date eg final smash, more characters, more stages. Ok they could have been working on Super Mario 64 DS for years but it still shows its possible
In the end it just shows that Nintendo is lazy... I mean there are many fans of the SSB series and if a SSB DS was made Nintendo would make shitloads of money, but they didn't do that.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Raika said:
Supersonicmonk said:
Raika said:
Maz7006 said:

In the end it just shows that Nintendo is lazy... I mean there are many fans of the SSB series and if a SSB DS was made Nintendo would make shitloads of money, but they didn't do that.

Hmm so a company with the main aim of making money is too lazy to make a game which would earn them billions, well thats a new business strategy
Maybe they have started development and are just being secretive again like so many games before, well we can only hope

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, guys, come on, this is NINTENDO we are on about. They never do the obvious! But if they do, you can make sure it is through Shigaru Miyamoto's many interviews.

Remember pikmin? whan Shgsy mentioned gardening, Pikmin happened.
this has occured many a time, yet i forget most.

I'm getiing old...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probaly gonna sound really stupid, but why can't I do anything but move and jump?

I want to test some attacks bu nothing's happening. Are the characters unable to do this yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ