Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – The Final “Mr. Sakurai Presents” - Kingdom Hearts' Sora joins the fight

It's the final countdown, for the last Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character reveal. Who exactly will be that last magical DLC fighter? Will it be a sword anime boy? Another Pokemon? We'll find out soon, when the final Mr. Sakurai Presents airs in just ten minutes. You can tune into the stream, or check out our live coverage to learn who the mystery character is!

He opens with new Mii costumes.

Splatoon costume for the Octoling, Judd, DOOM Slayer, are revealed. They release on October 18th.

Here it is. We come full circle, back to the very first trailer that revealed the game, with the inkling staring into the Smash Bros logo.

Kingdom Hearts Sora appears.

There will be 9 songs included.

Night of Fate
Destiny's Force
Shrouding Dark Cloud
Hand in Hand
Blast Away! Gummi Ship II
Hollow Bastion
Scherzo Di Notte
Fragments of Sorrow
Destati

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do wonder why they made all costumes sora when really, all the characters could be included since they all play the same. But still, glad they were able to get all the ducks in a row to make it happen.

Pretty happy it wasn't waluigi. Though I was kinda hoping there'd be a "Oh...wait, one last thing! waluigi's joining too KTHANKXBYE"

Reactions: Dud

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do wonder why they made all costumes sora when really, all the characters could be included since they all play the same. But still, glad they were able to get all the ducks in a row to make it happen.

Pretty happy it wasn't waluigi. Though I was kinda hoping there'd be a "Oh...wait, one last thing! waluigi's joining too KTHANKXBYE"
honestly I kinda hope that if the series continues (which it almost definitely will), sakurai just outright says "waluigi will not be in this one, and likely not the next one either, et cetera" so that people will finally stop asking

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, this is the end of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, huh...I wonder if frickin' Disney realises that they'd need to allow Sora to be kept in future SSB games on future consoles. I can only imagine the outcry if it's revealed Sora's an SSBU-exclusive Fighter.

Really, this goes for all the third-party Fighters; at this point, they'd all need to be kept for future games. With SSBU now done, going back to the old standard of only some proportion of the Fighters returning is no longer an option.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, this is the end of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, huh...I wonder if frickin' Disney realises that they'd need to allow Sora to be kept in future SSB games on future consoles. I can only imagine the outcry if it's revealed Sora's an SSBU-exclusive Fighter.

Really, this goes for all the third-party Fighters; at this point, they'd all need to be kept for future games. With SSBU now done, going back to the old standard of only some proportion of the Fighters returning is no longer an option.
i doubt the next smash will start with 89 characters lol that would be just insane, im guessing sakurai is gonna do like pokemon team did and only include fan favorites and start cutting away on each game.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i doubt the next smash will start with 89 characters lol that would be just insane, im guessing sakurai is gonna do like pokemon team did and only include fan favorites and start cutting away on each game.
Well that's just dumb - for both Game Freak/TPC and what your guess involves.
It'd mean that the past game would be inherently superior to the new, and no-one would want that.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd mean that the past game would be inherently superior to the new, and no-one would want that.

Can't remember, but pretty sure that was true for Brawl, think it was what, 5 or so characters didn't return from Melee?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While i'm not the biggest SSB fan or anything but i do enjoy it a little of it in short bursts i guess, after that i just get bored.. Anyway, i was expecting John Cena character reveal but sadly it didn't happen ☹️.. Or was he there the whole time and we just CAN'T see him there fighting?

Reactions: Dud

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
cool for those who like the game I guess, I never really got into KH though, but im sure there was a hell of a lot of hoops to jump through with Disney to get him included (probably 99.99% of the revenue or something stupid) so props for them for making the effort rather than just saying meh go with waluigi as we don't need any permission to do it......that said I would personally prefer waluigi :P

they really should've pushed for the nice round 100 character roster and thrown in a few more Nintendo IP characters to beef it up like waluigi

iirc my original vote on the poll they made was for banjo and kazooie I wasn't expecting them to pull it off but they did so I can't help but feel like they really did go above and beyond to try to get as many of the main requests in as they possibly could, would love to see the poll results stats to see how many of the requests from the to 10 etc made it into the game

Last edited by gamesquest1,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
every smash game besides ssbm and ultimate had cut characters...

brawl cutted afew ssbm ones, ssb wiiu/3ds cutted some brawl ones and so on, only ultimate kept them all really.

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't Reimu...

For the Kingdom Hearts fans, was it disappointing that Smash seems to have not included any of the Disney content?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 you have a series S don't you? Any complaints or issues?