Homebrew Super Super stable 3d on n3dsxl

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I realize that n3ds has a super stable 3d but it's not really super stable, even calibrated if you move you get screen shake and flicker, is there a secret setting in Luma or Rosalina or a cia version homebrew app to help negate the screen shake? Something to tell the system it's always looks perfectly at a still face.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure if the N3DS had the capability of providing better, more stable 3D, Nintendo would have used it, without the need for CFW or any other hacks to enable it.

After all, what did you think all those "stability" updates were for? :P

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for a way to increase stability, I currently have it set to - 1.0 because it does not flick as much when you move but it is still annoying, I do enjoy the 3d aspect but usually turn it off because of the flicker.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yea but if someone wrote a code to simply tell the system that the "face" has not moved at all, then the super stable feature would in fact be super stable, you just could not use it to look around the room or what not.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3D doesn't really work well on my New 3DS XL. Its blurry and doesn't look right, in games like Metroid Samus Returns where the 3D is supposed to be great. This happens in any 3D supported game actually. Really not sure how to fix it.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am looking for a way to increase stability, I currently have it set to - 1.0 because it does not flick as much when you move but it is still annoying, I do enjoy the 3d aspect but usually turn it off because of the flicker.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yea but if someone wrote a code to simply tell the system that the "face" has not moved at all, then the super stable feature would in fact be super stable, you just could not use it to look around the room or what not.
I'm fairly sure it can be simply disabled in System Settings.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The 3D doesn't really work well on my New 3DS XL. Its blurry and doesn't look right, in games like Metroid Samus Returns where the 3D is supposed to be great. This happens in any 3D supported game actually. Really not sure how to fix it.
I think someone said before that the 3D is worse on the IPS screens, do you have an IPS upper screen?
So I realize that n3ds has a super stable 3d but it's not really super stable, even calibrated if you move you get screen shake and flicker, is there a secret setting in Luma or Rosalina or a cia version homebrew app to help negate the screen shake? Something to tell the system it's always looks perfectly at a still face.
Don't make sudden movements and there won't be much flickering in my experience. If you move the 3DS or your head slowly any flickering is barely perceivable. So any small movements you might naturally make without thinking about it probably won't cause much flickering. I only really notice the flickering when I'm moving quickly on purpose.
I think they did a pretty good job with it considering how shit quality the 3DS cameras are. It still manages to track your face with enough precision to make the 3D work from any angle unless you're not in view of the camera, and seems to work even in the dark.
And not to mention it's about a thousand times better than the 3D was on the o3DS.

Reactions: cualquiercosa327

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think someone said before that the 3D is worse on the IPS screens, do you have an IPS upper screen?

Don't make sudden movements and there won't be much flickering in my experience. If you move the 3DS or your head slowly any flickering is barely perceivable. So any small movements you might naturally make without thinking about it probably won't cause much flickering. I only really notice the flickering when I'm moving quickly on purpose.
I think they did a pretty good job with it considering how shit quality the 3DS cameras are. It still manages to track your face with enough precision to make the 3D work from any angle unless you're not in view of the camera, and seems to work even in the dark.
And not to mention it's about a thousand times better than the 3D was on the o3DS.
I sure do have an IPS upper screen, and TN lower screen. Even under normal circumstances of not using CFW, 3D works worse like this? I guess I can live with that for a better screen overall. Thanks for letting me know. I've had this issue since I first got my 3DS back in the Gateway days.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See I've have the same experience using 3d in both a TN and IPS panel, they look identical, and that is correct small movements lead to small twitches in the 3d but that is what I was hoping to fix, it's not really my head that moves is me holding the uncomfortable system that cause me to adjust quite often. It appears there is no fix for those small twitches but yea the new 3d us way better then the old 3ds, which is why I don't understand people telling me to turn off super stable, why would I want that nasty o3ds vs the n3ds 3d but turning it down from 0.0 to -1.0 helped a bunch.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always thought that TN panels were actually better than IPS, due to TN's superior response times being better for gaming systems (getting that precious <1 frame latency is all about saving time where you can) but the fact that the 3D works better on TN as well really does outweigh IPS' better angle tolerance, especially for a single player handheld.

As a side note, the stable 3D uses an entire core of the N3DS' quad core ARM11 - which alone has more processing power than both of the O3DS' ARM11 cores combined.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait... you want the system to be as though it's looking at a completely stable face (which is what you get when super stable 3D is off), but you don't want to turn off super stable 3D? There is literally nothing anyone can do to help you.

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it everyone thinks turning off super stable that the 3d no longer shakes? Have you tried it, because when you turn it off it shakes even more then if it was on when you move. Turning super stable off does not do anything to help I have said this already.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You asked how to make it think it was looking at a perfectly still face, that's turning off SS3D. But if your problem is made worse by turning it off, then the problem is you shake it/move your head too much/too quickly. It can happen in some games, kinda ruins 3D in Smash on an old system.

The only solutions to your problem are either to set the 3DS on a table and use Luma's InputRedirection or to keep the console and your face perfectly still.

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you look at the screen from different angles, does it look kinda like the 3D is inverted? Where things that are supposed to pop out, get pushed in instead?

If that's what you mean, there's no way to fix that. It's due to the way the glasses-less 3D works. It has to send a different image to each eye.

Super Stable 3D is supposed to get around that, but it doesn't always work right.

Last edited by ry755,

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No glasses or dark rooms. Sometimes it does look inverted but usually when I am far off from the viewing angle. Mine seems to stem from a small tilt that causes it to start shaking and distorting but if I move my head it does not do that it's something the system does even though my face is fully in range it does not like to be moved.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought that TN panels were actually better than IPS, due to TN's superior response times being better for gaming systems (getting that precious <1 frame latency is all about saving time where you can) but the fact that the 3D works better on TN as well really does outweigh IPS' better angle tolerance, especially for a single player handheld.

As a side note, the stable 3D uses an entire core of the N3DS' quad core ARM11 - which alone has more processing power than both of the O3DS' ARM11 cores combined.

The IPS panels also have more visible scanlines and a good amount of black crush. I like my TNs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty