Gaming Supercard and their crappy GBA support...

XtremeResident

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok, so i finally managed to get this game on my supercard, and suprisingly enough, it booted correctly (comepared to other GBA games that would gave me an immediate black screen)

anyway, i was just wondering..gba games that arent compatible with the supercard, are they most likely to crash at boot up, or is there a possibility it can mess up during mid game?

i would hate for FF IV Advance to just not work anymore halfway through the game...

anybody?

thanks
shy.gif

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And it most likely won't, either. Most people just check if it boots, if it seems to play fine, then save and load their game, and they post their results accordingly. Sometimes people who will have played the game up to a certain point will add some more detail, but that's not the norm.

And about FFIV Advance, it does work, except for some slowdown during the intro and when you get in the ship, if I recall correctly. There is also a slight "lag" in the fights, but you do get used to it, and just keep in mind that it wasn't running exactly "perfect" on a real cart anyway...
wink.gif
(This judging from the time I played it on my EFA, which is usually considered to be pretty much 100% support.)

- Vince989

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the new supercard rumble being released and not being able to play GBA games. I think the supercard team have given up with getting the GBA roms working properly. I got my supercard mainly to play DS roms, being able to play most of the GBA roms I see as a bonus. I have a GBA flash cart for my GBA SP to play GBA roms.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
macgeek417 said:
*facepalm*
You bumped a thread from almost 4 years ago

I just realized that too......I was gonna write something about it but I guess it doesn't matter.
Let me just tell you that I'm fine now with an M3Perfect and as much as I loved my slot2 supercard I admit that the slowdowns in some games really make the cart not worth it, if you only plan on using it for GBA games that is.......( I think NDS compatibility is way better and the patcher still gets updated ! What a team !).

tamuraya

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, sorry for replying to old thread...
I play GBA games on Gameboy micro, not use NDS.
so, my SLOT2 Supercard is still active.

sorry for my poor english, thx.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tamuraya said:
"Orbital" looks works fine on SC miniSD when turn off "Enable Restart" option.

You're fucking serious right now?

FOUR YEARS WASN'T DEAD ENOUGH FOR YOU!?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gordinio said:
Can we have a policy in which threads are auto-locked after 1-2 years of inactivity?

I disagree.
In this specific case, maybe yes, as the answer wasn't that hard to find and there are lots of compatibility charts out there for this somehow outdated piece of hardware.
But sometimes you run into a problem that wasn't solved in the first place, and maybe after a few months/years later people found a workaround by themself and somebody (maybe that run into the same issue ) might help you out.
Bette then create a new topic every now and then to as the same thing (after all newbies have short memory! )......like people still asking if it could be possible to run N64 games on the DS.........come on !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Y
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Y @ yqw: someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?