9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
kenpachi said:
Umm, am I missing something? I was under the impression that the SCDS2 was not just a game cart but had that super sweet video processor in it for watching movies on it. In my opinion the DS game capabilities combined with the video playing capabilities MORE than makes this a must buy at launch. The GBA and snes emulation are just super delicious icing on the cake.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this cart, if it is what it's been hyped to be I'll be buying many, many, many of these for friends and to sell on CL to locals.
I think that's supposed to be the case isn't it? That extra processor could definitely play some of the video formats other than DPG (I think the iPlayer does, so chances are the DSTwo shall as well).

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any updates about this? I placed my pre-order early as this was the only site I could order from, and now just wondering when these will be ready for dispatch for us that went in and ordered early?

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I would resurrect this thread now that there has been information that this will be out next month sometime, mid-late april.

As the irishmodchips site is down, I need the poster to let us knoq that the money we paid as a pre-order is safe, and hopefully some rock solid info as to when we guys can expect the chips to be dispatched to us

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the E-Mail that the stock is definatly around and ready for dispatch this month, and that the huge delay was due to the prototype having lots of bugs, so the team did a total re-design from the ground up to iron out any bugs that was left, and because of this now have a chip that the team are happy with without any bugs.

Im really looking forward to the chip coming to me, hopefully before the 20th (my birthday) so will be taking that week off

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pakistexican88x said:
Would the video player and gba/snes emulation work on a DS lite? or is that only a DSi thing?
The DSi hasn't been cracked yet. All functions are DSL functions. Remember, all flashcarts run on the DSi as if they were running on a DSL, so yes, those fuctions will run on a DSL.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I don't own a DSi and haven't followed anything about it as I have no interest in owning one, so I'm a little behind on stuff like that. Thanks

And since it's emulation, I guess there's no need for a slot-2 expansion cart?

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling the SC Devs saw that people were going to try to hack the EOS to work for the iPlayer since it was the same hardware. The re-design was to fix this I'm guessing. Also I think they dropped the development for the mentioned SNES emulator, since it's not being put on any of the new ads for the SCDS2. You would think they would advertise it more if they added it. It would have been a huge selling point.

I was 2 secs from pre-ordering one but I'm going to wait and see how things pan out.

joshwaan2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah same cornaljoe I'm more interested in this card for it's GBA and Snes support. I hope they don't drop it. Snes on the DSI or XL would be fantastic
smile.gif

kirbypower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes,I make my order just in time for a great price of 30 dollar( 23 euro)
but ive got still one question.
does the card really snes support? some people say is does but is it confirmed by the supercard team?
anyway,the gba support and no converting of videos are good reasons for me to pre-order this card.
can't wait to put this in my dsi
smile.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not looked into this much, I'm planning on buying the Supercard DSTWO because the sexy looks of it, but how does it run GBA games? If good, I'm gonna buy this sooo fast, gonna use the Supercard for only GBA games and my Acekard 2i for DS games, so I will have space on both MicroSD cards.
gba.gif

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
No-one knows the exact date yet, but im sure we'll find out soon enough. A question from me though, what video file formats will be supported?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
JBW said:
No-one knows the exact date yet, but im sure we'll find out soon enough. A question from me though, what video file formats will be supported?
The only ones known for sure are Xvid/DivX, but it's probably the same that the iPlayer supports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.