Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
CannonFoddr said:
Hmmm . I've not got my DSTwo yet - but downloaded the files anyway
A quick look through the skins for DSTwo and I've noticed something a little perculiar

Apart from a few name changes here-&-there, has anyone else noticed that the general layout of the skins graphics etc is very similar to Acekard/AKAIO skin layout - in fact the 'uisetting.ini' is virtually the same apart from a few extra settings
as mentioned it is based on akrpg
Well I didn't know that - where was it mentioned 'cos I must've missed that article

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't doubt if some ideas were borrowed but I don't think it is strictly based on the AKRPG. If you look at the settings and directory structure there are some similarities but the SCDSTWO is heavily modified (if it is based on the AKRPG things).

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope they get the movie player ready soon. That's the main reason I ordered one. Plus I like the idea of the GBA emu. I know that Iplayer can do that but I also want to play NDS games. (And also because I love the sexy OS)

EDIT: Would it be able to play other files other than avi or divx?

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
tajio said:
Hope they get the movie player ready soon. That's the main reason I ordered one. Plus I like the idea of the GBA emu. I know that Iplayer can do that but I also want to play NDS games. (And also because I love the sexy OS)

EDIT: Would it be able to play other files other than avi or divx?
guys just one question will i be able to play homebrews like quake 2 with ram in slot 1 on supercard DSTWO?

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
So pretty much an Acekard Rip off with some extra flashy stuff inside ?
The Emulation doesn't seem great from the little feedback we've had.

However I know it's only in it's early stages so I'll give it another Month or 2 to really judge whether I want one or not.

But otherwise I'm not missing much since I got a 3in1 and Acekard 2i.

I do have a coupla questions about the GBA Emulation however.

Does Emerald work fine(Without the dry battery message) ?
And does Dragonball Z - Legacy of Goku 2 work fine and save/load fine ?

This is without any patching but I haven't found patch for either of them.

Kentoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Browse around the Supercard subforum for questions regarding compatibility, as well as a bunch of feedback from those of us who has the flashcard already. I've confirmed - for my card, at least - that Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire and Ruby do not work on the emulator (white screen that hangs forever).

As for the themes: you can add custom ones, and swap the themes at will via the main menu of the card. I have yet to add any custom ones, but I do think you can use the EOS ones already available. I will try this a little later tonight. For customizations, it's as easy as opening photoshop (or your favourite editor) and editing the BMP files found in an existing theme (saving them as a new theme, of course). For the loading screen, which is hard-coded, you can use this tool found over at the English Supercard forums, created by Blastar.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kentoss said:
I've confirmed - for my card, at least - that Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire and Ruby do not work on the emulator (white screen that hangs forever).

That's too bad, but I guess I'm not really that surprised. I'm glad I only bought the DSTWO as an "extra" curiousity, though. And hopefully, if the SDK is released, some enhanced homebrew later down the line.

Ultimately, I'm going to continue using my M3 GBA Expansion Pack with my CycloDS and GBA ExpLoader to play GBA games. The M3's built-in RTC makes it an essential to own as a 3in1 alternative, if you like Pokemon GBA games.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
Hmmm I really want to get a SCDS2 now.
frown.gif

lolzed said:
awesome,can't get to wait my card
smile.gif

Hey where did you order yours?
Was it from Shoptemp?

yup
yaynds.gif

EJames2100 said:
So pretty much an Acekard Rip off with some extra flashy stuff inside ?
they used the rpg source,but not exactly Acekard and everything.

QUOTE(goncalodoom @ May 19 2010, 05:57 AM)
can homebrew with slot2 ram support be played on supercard DSTWO with slot1 ram?
no

Dudu.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Brazil
lolzed said:
goncalodoom said:
can homebrew with slot2 ram support be played on supercard DSTWO with slot1 ram?
no

the correct answer is NO AND YES!

they cant right now! but sure can in future!

the GBA-Emulator is nothing more then a Homebrew app.

QUOTE(8BitWalugi @ May 19 2010, 01:31 AM)
Awesome. Two questions though, what save file format does it use, and what cheat file(s)?

probably the good old .sav file!

and the cheat is the common usrcheat.dat

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Awesome. Two questions though, what save file format does it use, and what cheat file(s)?
seems like .sav(as EOS uses that)
usrcheat.dat and its own cheat files for the ones you made

Dudu.exe said:
lolzed said:
QUOTE(goncalodoom @ May 19 2010, 05:57 AM) can homebrew with slot2 ram support be played on supercard DSTWO with slot1 ram?
no

the correct answer is NO AND YES!

they cant right now! but sure can in future!

the GBA-Emulator is nothing more then a Homebrew app.
uhh you'd have to have their SDK(which it seems like they won't) then modify those homebrew apps,of course those homebrew apps would have to be open source or the developer is still working on it

RollEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I order mines long time ago on 8th of May now i havent recived a Tracking number yet i put UPS Express i just went into Completed Orders and it says this

Order Date: 8th May 2010
Ship Date: 12th May 2010

Does it means its close to coming?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you ordered on the 8th of may I'll be pissed cause yours was shipped before mine and I ordered on the 7th of April.

(this is presuming you ordered from Shoptemp did you?)

RollEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
If you ordered on the 8th of may I'll be pissed cause yours was shipped before mine and I ordered on the 7th of April.

(this is presuming you ordered from Shoptemp did you?)
Yes it was from Shoptemp and the 2 Weeks to 5 Weeks seems too much so I added UPS Express to cut time (please dont get mad at me ^^;;)

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Dudu.exe said:
probably the good old .sav file!

and the cheat is the common usrcheat.dat
Ah. And there's the problem. I'm moving from WoodR4 to DS2. Would there be a way to make a .bat to change it from .nds.sav to .sav?

Well, now I'm just waiting. I ordered on UPS Express, and got the order status changed to 'Completed'. Does this mean it was shipped?

And now we play, the waiting game...

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kentoss said:
Browse around the Supercard subforum for questions regarding compatibility, as well as a bunch of feedback from those of us who has the flashcard already. I've confirmed - for my card, at least - that Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire and Ruby do not work on the emulator (white screen that hangs forever).

As for the themes: you can add custom ones, and swap the themes at will via the main menu of the card. I have yet to add any custom ones, but I do think you can use the EOS ones already available. I will try this a little later tonight. For customizations, it's as easy as opening photoshop (or your favourite editor) and editing the BMP files found in an existing theme (saving them as a new theme, of course). For the loading screen, which is hard-coded, you can use this tool found over at the English Supercard forums, created by Blastar.

Well, this cart certainly isn't living up to launch hype, but it definitely has time to improve. I just wish they would've held back a bit before releasing it. Hit the ground running.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iamthemilkman said:
Kentoss said:

Well, this cart certainly isn't living up to launch hype, but it definitely has time to improve. I just wish they would've held back a bit before releasing it. Hit the ground running.
Well, these problems were already expected, because it's known that the current build of DS2EOS uses the iPlayer's GBA emulator (which also has problems with Pokemon).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....