Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have 2 3ds xl with sysnand 4.5 but 1 gateway
i want to buy another gateway or a DStwo+ for the other console
which card should i buy (is the gateway emulation on the DStwo+ good?)

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has one and says that that its a better SCDS2 plus GW emulation. GW emulation works 100%. He said that the emus are better on the SCDS2+. Even Star Fox on the SNES runs well. Since the SCDS2+ is cheaper, I would go with it. All the functions of a beefed up SCDS2 and a GW card in one. I can't wait to get the one I won in the pumpkin carving contest.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the GW_SIMULATOR_V1.03.zip file, there is a readme.txt that says:
GW SIMULATOR V1.03
1,Improved CARD2 save speed.
2,Fixed play 3ds games online error.

Install:
Download and unzip, then copy the _dstwoplug/ folder to the root of your microsd card.

Using the Gateway plugin, we can emulate a Gateway flashcart. Why have two cards, when only ONE is enough? No region limitations, any game on any 3DS. And just like always, it's really easy to use.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads/

=====================================================

GW SIMULATOR V1.03

1.ẁüŴ©¶ṀÆÆẄâġÌŴò,Ö§ġÖnew 3ds
2.ỳÓṡìCARD2ŴÍṀæṁṁËÙ¶È
3.ŴŶÕý.3DZÁẂṠúṀíÎó

ḞĠṪḞṖẄṖẀ£ẃẄâÑṗẁĠẁÇṁẄẁùÄṡÂỳḂ£

GatewayĠåỳŷṡÉÒÔÖ§ġÖ3DSÓÎÏṖḂ£ÎŶËøÇøÏŶÖÆ£ỲÈÎẃÎḞæḟẅṁÄÓÎÏṖ¶ỳṡÉÒÔÍæ£ỲÎṀÆÆẄâṁÄÕýḞæÏṁÍġṡ϶ẀĠṠÄÜṡçÇøṁÄḂ£ ṡçÇøÍæÓÎÏṖÊÇÉÕÂỳṡẀṖÇġ£ẃÃṁÄṗḊÄÜ£ỲÀýÈçÉñÓÎÍæÕýḞæṠùḟẅÃṠṁÃÍæḂ£ÃÀḞæ£ỲÈÕḞæ£ỲẁÛḞæÓÎÏṖ¶ỳṡÉÒÔÍæḂ£ĠåỳŷḞĠṪḞṖẄṖẀÓëÒÔÇḞDSTWOṖẄṖẀÒṠÑù£ỲGatewayÊṗÓÃṖẄṖẀÇëṁãṠṫÏÂṖẄḂḞGWÊṗÓÃẄÌġÌḂḟÁỲẄÓḂ£

http://3ds.tgbus.com/zt/pojie/

Also, there is a directory called "_dstwoplug". In it, there are 3 files: GW_SIMULATOR.bmp (a GW icon image), GW_SIMULATOR.ini (opening it in a text editor, it seems to be an initialization file for the DSTWO card that tells it to load the GW_SIMULATOR.bmp and some other stuff?), and GW_SIMULATOR.plg (the plugin file). Interesting, huh?

Edit - The DSTwo Plugin wiki page gives more insight on the files.

Last edited by Codename, , Reason: None of yo' business!

DayVeeBoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ce
can someone recommend the DStwo+ ??? or is Gateway better?
I have never owned Gateway but I do know SuperCard does support their products. I bought because it was $10 less than GW and was supposed to have the same functionality and then some.They seem to have a good reputation.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice find. Is the SC DSTWO+ worth it? Never used a SC product.
The only experience I have with flashcarts is way back with the DS Lite. I have a DSTT and it was basically a plug and play deal. This supercard is pretty finicky so far, but it might be the cheap mSD card I am using. When I have time I will go grab a decent one and if no one has gave a proper review I will post one.

In the GW_SIMULATOR_V1.03.zip file, there is a readme.txt that says:

Also, there is a directory called "_dstwoplug". In it, there are 3 files: GW_SIMULATOR.bmp (a GW icon image), GW_SIMULATOR.ini (opening it in a text editor, it seems to be an initialization file for the DSTWO card that tells it to load the GW_SIMULATOR.bmp and some other stuff?), and GW_SIMULATOR.plg (the plugin file). Interesting, huh?

Edit - The DSTwo Plugin wiki page gives more insight on the files.

Yeah I snooped around the files a bit too, seems like the plugins are following the same basic scheme as the other plugins for the EOS firmware or whatever you want to call it. The reason I was looking around the site was because I was hoping to find a beta or some shit because I am having a hard time getting the backups to load. I know its not the files cuz I dumped them myself and they were fine. So I thought maybe I could find something that might improve things. I dont want to say anything bad about the card on here because for one, I havent contacted them yet and I wanna play around a bit more (Try a different mSD card) and also because I dont think theres anything wrong with the card, I think things will improve with software updates and they seem to be on the ball that way.

DayVeeBoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone recommend the DStwo+ ??? or is Gateway better?
If youre planning on getting a flashcard for somebody that isnt into the scene (or hacking their toys) I recommend you get him Sky3ds if its just for playing backups. I dont have personal experience, but word on the streets is you just plug in and play back ups. You pay for ease of use bro.

What's GW emulator? Gateway?
Its the software you for the new SuperCard DStwo Plus flashcart. The SuperCard has the functionality of the Gateway card and a DS mode flashcart in one.

My friend has one and says that that its a better SCDS2 plus GW emulation. GW emulation works 100%. He said that the emus are better on the SCDS2+. Even Star Fox on the SNES runs well. Since the SCDS2+ is cheaper, I would go with it. All the functions of a beefed up SCDS2 and a GW card in one. I can't wait to get the one I won in the pumpkin carving contest.
I am having a hard time getting my .3ds Back-Ups to load consistently. I think it may be due to a cheap SD card though. Did your friend say anything like that? Was that a problem with an actual Gateway card as well? I never owned one.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bortz and/or I will be doing a review of the cart soon. The supply ran low before we got our hands on one. But it'll be ready as soon as possible!
i can't believe they didn't send out review units especially to you guys
seems odd

funny how they show the GW installer
and not other entry for N3ds or newer FW's
i assume the review will feature N3ds testing too
using different entry points

DayVeeBoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can't believe they didn't send out review units especially to you guys
seems odd

funny how they show the GW installer
and not other entry for N3ds or newer FW's
i assume the review will feature N3ds testing too
using different entry points
I have N3DS and I thought it was funny how they don't mention anything about needing anything else to get the card working on your device. There's literally no documentation on the site specific to the Dstwo Plus. They do point you in the right direction (they link to the gateway manual and to there own supercard dstwo quickstart Guide.) When I bought it I assumed it would be more like using the ds mode cards. I should've known better I guess, since I had rxtools etc on my old DS. There would be a steep learning curve for somebody fresh off the street with this product. At least until someone writes a good English manual. I'm not complaining about it, I don't care. This is what I do for fun, (hack my shit) so I'm not at all disappointed and I'll plug away along with everyone else (including the supercard dev's I guess) until I have it ticking along like a rolex. Then I'll put it in a drawer and find a new toy to do something that it wasn't made to do.

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,
Reactions: weatMod

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Curious to know if the cart is worth buying just for the enhanced emulation abilities.

I have no need for the Gateway function and already have a regular DSTwo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare