karupanda4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah.. its pointing to it. I think.

But still, all I get is blank screen when I start the program. Could someone please upload the correct ini file?
tongue.gif
Or post the contents here so I can compare
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
check the .ini file and make sure it's pointing to comicbookds.sc.nds

karupanda4 said:
Yeah.. its pointing to it. I think.....But still, all I get is blank screen when I start the program. Could someone please upload the correct ini file?
tongue.gif
Or post the contents here so I can compare
smile.gif
I've checked all 3 ComicbookDS plugins (from the Wiki page) & they all have in the *.ini
[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/ComicBookDS.bmp
name=Comic Book DS
Is this what you've got ??

& I've checked the name of the LATEST Comicbook DS file on Filetrip (I've noticed the links on first post & the Wiki point to the 'older' version)

There are 2 files in there - one of which is like Terminator2 has said ('comicbookds.sc.nds') and another called 'ComicBookDS.nds'... make sure you have 'comicbookds.nds in the '/_dstwoplug/' folder, also make sure the '/cbds/' folder is on the root of your MicroSD card & that it contains a 'theme' folder and a ComicBookDS.ini' file

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've just tried it with both versions (3DS & DSTwo - can't see a problem with a DSLite)

• 'ComicBook.nds' works (2 black screens for ~5 secs then 'library' comes up)
    'Comicbookds.sc.nds' doesn't work (2 black screens even after >1min)
I THINK the 'ComicbookDS.sc.nds' is for the 'original' Supercard, which IIRC was a Slot-2 version

karupanda4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using ComicBookDS.nds did the trick, appearently Comicbookds.sc.nds is not for supercard dstwo
smile.gif

Thanks lads! Btw... what is the best comicbook viewer for dslite/supercard two in your opinion? The comickbook ds seems very promising but I'm wondering is there a better plugin out there
smile.gif

Thank you again!

invidente7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, I already downloaded the MAME4ALL Plugin for the DStwo but...I haven't found ANY roms that are COMPATIBLE with the darmn thing

I did found a particular pack of roms but theyre too big and my shitty internet ALWAYS finds the right time to go off on me

any hints?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Mame4All(SCDS2) uses MAME 0.37b5, so that's the set of games compatible.
Also, it's quite a rudimentary [but cool none-the-less] emulator, (you can blame DStwo's funky SDK for that) so a lot of games simply dont run.
With sooo many games to try, it's a bit of a trial-and-error process to see what works or not.

invidente7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
VatoLoco said:
Mame4All(SCDS2) uses MAME 0.37b5, so that's the set of games compatible.
Also, it's quite a rudimentary [but cool none-the-less] emulator, (you can blame DStwo's funky SDK for that) so a lot of games simply dont run.
With sooo many games to try, it's a bit of a trial-and-error process to see what works or not.

I've actually tried the games on the list and didn't work, I've already downloaded from all kind of sites but none of the roms (that ARE on the list) just wouldn't work

and as I already said, that set is too big for me to download since this shitty internet always find the right time to shut off

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can I get a WiFi Chat icon guys? I would love ya if you did it for me, thanks. :D
Can you give a link to the actual homebrew in question....
It's help us know what would be 'suitable' for an Icon, & we can also check to see if it works as a plugin as well

Anyway, I can only guess it MIGHT be this one so here's what I've done...

WifiChat.png
WiFi Chat (Utility) : Plugin / Program

IF the name of your Wifi chat program is different - change the name of the INI file to match the same as your NDS file (e.g if your NDS file is called 'WiFiChat.nds' change 'WiFi_VoiceChatClient161.ini' to 'WiFiChat.ini') & it should work OK then

Also added this to the Wiki
----------------

... & while on the subject of the Wiki - has anyone else noticed that some of the Icons graphics are now showing 'Error creating thumbnail: Image type not supported' ???

EDIT: OK fixed most of the 'missing icons' on the WiKi but the plugin for DSOrganise only has a 'black' icon in the pack... so unable to fix that one...
Does any1 remember what it looks like ??

EDIT #2: NVM - seems like the graphic was supplied by VatoLoco so I guess it's the one in his Multipack,Since the plugin download file was one of mine - I've now fixed my download with Vatoloco graphic (hope you don't mind) & updated both the Wiki graphic & link

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you CannonFoddr it looks very nice. Now I just need an icon for the same program, WiFi Chat, for iMenu to complete it. And, if I can be a pest, a complete setup for Ikureader---you know, including an imenu icon too. By the way, I never expected you to be that fast. Do you chug Red Bull my man? :bow:

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thank you CannonFoddr it looks very nice. Now I just need an icon for the same program, WiFi Chat, for iMenu to complete it. And, if I can be a pest, a complete setup for Ikureader---you know, including an imenu icon too. By the way, I never expected you to be that fast. Do you chug Red Bull my man? :bow:
You wanted one for iMenu as well ?? - Why didn't you say so - I'll would've given this link
4b86d09438659d1e2e9708ee65bd890b0981ed9c2b8e30b90b381aacae313fc14g.jpg

As for IKU reader - I don't use that so not sure what 'setup' you require (I guess IKUReader needs folder in a certain place or something)...

As for an Icon for it
- you COULD use any of the Icons already made by Me, Vatoloco [or anyone else that made iMenu/Plugin icons] & 'reuse' it for IKUreader,
for e.g there's 'DSLibris' icon for the plugin menu that you could use
Dslibris.JPG

All that's needed is for you to create a IKU.ini file (assuming that the NDS file is called 'IKUReader.nds' EDIT: just checked it's called 'IKU.nds') something like
[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/DSLibris.bmp​
name=IKUReader​
(You could download the 'DSLIbris' plugin, open it up in 'Notepad', change the 'name=', then 'save as' IKU.ini - that'll do the same thing)​

With iMenu - there's a 'dsreader.bmp' icon that you use (it looks like a pile of books) if you wanted to

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Couldn't be bothered to edit my last post but here's a FULL Plugin pack..... & what do I mean by that you may ask ??...
Well it's a standard plugin of a INI and BMP, but it also includes a modified NDS file.

> If the developer reads this (Sorry I don't know who actually made this) and doesn't like his work modified/distributed elsewhere - PM me & I'll remove it,
> If the Moderators won't allow this on Filetrip (Yes, I remember the last time someone uploaded a DS2 plugin with a NDS file included... but this IS a modified version of the file specifically for the DSTwo ;) ) - let me know & I'll move it to somewhere else

I received a PM from 'Vampire Lied' for a plugin for 'Visual Novel DS'
- unfortunately this seems to be one of those NDS files that doesn't like to run in a folder other than the root or it's own folder (i.e. '/VNDS/'),
however I experimented with a little HEX-Editor 'hacking' & managed to get it to now work when in the '/_dstwoplug/' folder

26627-VNDS.png
(Multimedia) Plugin / Program

The only problem(s) are that after you've installed 'Visual Novel DS' homebrew as you would normally do it - you will NEED to rename the '/VNDS/' folder to '/VN/' and delete any OTHER 'VNDS.NDS' files [other than the one inside the '/_dstwoplug/' folder], as those ones will now not work

{As usual - also added to the WiKi}

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just quickly checked the plugin (because somehow I expected it) and saw that you used version 1.5.3 instead of 1.4.9...Though it may seem correct, it actually isn't :D (yay vnds pplz). There was an attempt to put all of the VN files into one file (.novel) with the 1.5.x versions, which broke VNDS in various ways.

Long story short, use 1.4.9 instead of 1.5.3 (I could tell you all the wonders of VNDS, but that is pointless xD)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just quickly checked the plugin (because somehow I expected it) and saw that you used version 1.5.3 instead of 1.4.9...Though it may seem correct, it actually isn't :D (yay vnds pplz). There was an attempt to put all of the VN files into one file (.novel) with the 1.5.x versions, which broke VNDS in various ways.

Long story short, use 1.4.9 instead of 1.5.3 (I could tell you all the wonders of VNDS, but that is pointless xD)
Right oh - thanks for the info....

OK, NEW version of VNDS plugin [v1.1] for VNDS v1.4.9 now uploaded & I've changed the Wiki & my original post about this with the new links
(I've kept the original plugin up - just in case any1 is using 1.5.3 of VNDS...)

Not got any 'visual novels files' for 1.4.9, to try out the new hacked version (as it doesn't 'see' .novel files) - but it DOES start up OK.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The version of SSB Clash listed there is really, really old. The most recent one is here.

Thanks.
Where's 'listed there' BTW - on the original post or the Wiki ??
If it's the original post then that's down to the OP to change...
If it's on the Wiki & if you have access to it, you can change it yourself, If you don't have access I'll changed it ASAP...

(It IS hard to keep up to date with homebrew releases)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1