Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tmnr1992 Yes, i edit it from time to time if something helped to solve a issue or to be more specific. At the alternativ IOS58 setup i added to try also with loader and game cIOS 151(base58). But maybe your using the inofficial 1278-master now (that i added by the versions) or maybe your using a patched one. And yes if set up correctly you dont the SD card for USBLGX (other homebrew may still need it).

Nice to hear that it finally works :yayu:

Last edited by Sypherone,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
also being able to disable certaing usb ports at launch, so that I can have both my vWii and Wii U HDDs plugged in at the same time (I've read this is already possible but my Wii U HDD just freezes the loader).
That's exactly why Sypherone originally suggested donations to me.

Using cIOS 251 does work around the problem, but you start off with a janky experience and then you're stuck using a cIOS that's going to impact your game compatibility. So ideally I'd like to fix what's causing the loader to freeze.

Loading games from an SD card would be a nice feature to have
Lets see what happens within the next few weeks.

But, genuine question, what more work does USB Loader GX even need at this point?
The next update makes more games playable, it fixes dozens of long-standing issues, it's faster and it makes cIOS settings redundant for the majority of people. Plus there's some other stuff :)

I was going to release d2x v11 alongside the loader, but I might delay the Wii U version since that's barely been tested and it might require further changes to address the freezing.

I have one sitting here that I could ship to him if he wants to get in touch with me.
Hey, thank you! I really do appreciate the offer, but unfortunately as I don't live in the US I'd most likely get hit with import fees and because it'd be an NTSC console I wouldn't have the correct power supply for it.

If people want to support what I'm doing then I could set up a donation page, but I'd like to wait until I release the loader update before I share a link. That way you'd be getting something from me and then you've got the option to give something back.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Happy new year :toot:

@blackb0x has released his new version of USB Loader GX v3.0 r1280 along with d2x v11 beta1. It contains a hugh list of new added features, fixed issues and improvements which you will like. B-)

If you like to support him and his work go to his ko-fi site and spend him some coffee. Also for getting his own WiiU.
https://ko-fi.com/blackb0x

Last edited by Sypherone,
  • Love
Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly why Sypherone originally suggested donations to me.

Using cIOS 251 does work around the problem, but you start off with a janky experience and then you're stuck using a cIOS that's going to impact your game compatibility. So ideally I'd like to fix what's causing the loader to freeze.

Lets see what happens within the next few weeks.

The next update makes more games playable, it fixes dozens of long-standing issues, it's faster and it makes cIOS settings redundant for the majority of people. Plus there's some other stuff :)

I was going to release d2x v11 alongside the loader, but I might delay the Wii U version since that's barely been tested and it might require further changes to address the freezing.

Hey, thank you! I really do appreciate the offer, but unfortunately as I don't live in the US I'd most likely get hit with import fees and because it'd be an NTSC console I wouldn't have the correct power supply for it.

If people want to support what I'm doing then I could set up a donation page, but I'd like to wait until I release the loader update before I share a link. That way you'd be getting something from me and then you've got the option to give something back.
Would it be possible to just... get a Wii U for your region? After donations?

I'm down to help out, Wii U's aren't too expensive.

Edit ; jk I'm blind and didn't read the message right below this one I quoted. D'oh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.