United States
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE53N22820090425

ohmy.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
It's the SARS' cousin...

And someone from Mexico had to come over here. But the guy was quickly treated and the cabin crew all resulted negative.

But what about the passengers that boarded on that plane? They didn't get checked.

And the tube trains from Heathrow (Piccadilly line) go to other stations as well - this can be reason if the flu spreads all over London, God forbid.

Smatchmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this isn't fair.

it took me months to prepare for SARS, gopher pox, west nile, and bird flu.
frown.gif

i'll just convert to judaism to protect myself from this one....

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do I feel like this is another thing blown way out of proportion by the media like all the thing Smatchmo mentioned and mrsa
though this does actually seems to be serious...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
why do I feel like this is another thing blown way out of proportion by the media like all the thing Smatchmo mentioned and mrsa
though this does actually seems to be serious...
Of course it is. Its called modern journalism. All the media does is try to induce fear into all its viewers and readers by anyway possible. Stretching of the truth is most likely prevalent in this topic. No need for anyone to not go about their lies as they usually would.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Smatchmo said:
this isn't fair.

it took me months to prepare for SARS, gopher pox, west nile, and bird flu.
frown.gif

i'll just convert to judaism to protect myself from this one....
Sorry, the mormons got it right
wink.gif

Honestly, when it happens it happens. Little is known about it at this time. Using your brain and doing normal hygenic things should be enough for now (at least until more is known), also keeping up with your sleep and etc. so as to keep your natural resistance up and running isn't a bad thing (in general
wink.gif
). Anyone coming back from Mexico should be wary about having it though.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finishoff said:
Hope they find a cure for this soon. Its going to spread like an out break with people traveling about.
There isn't so much 'a cure' for the flu, it mutates really quickly. There are litle to none anti-viral drugs, and those that are there could be quickly rendered useless due to the heavy mutational speed of a virus (like the flu). A neuramidase blocker seems to have effect though... We'll all just have to wait, it's not like this wasn't coming all along
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +2
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol