Hardware Switch arrives tomorrow. Upgrade Firmware or Don't?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2.0 fixed lots of bugs, so I would recommend downloading. My joy-con never experienced any connection problem.

Not sure why everyone keeps saying 2.0 had a fix for joycons, it didn't have anything to do with the joycons.

Improvements Included in Version 2.0.0
The following network features are now available
* Nintendo Account required. Some features may not be available in all countries/regions.

• Playing online
    • Online multiplayer available for free until the paid online service launches in fall 2017. Not available in all countries.
  • Adding friends
    • Friends can be added from My Page, head to the HOME Menu and select your icon on the upper left.
  • Sharing Album screenshots to Facebook and Twitter
  • Browsing and purchasing content on Nintendo eShop
  • Receiving News relating to games, Nintendo eShop discounts, and promotions
  • Earning My Nintendo points for game card (retail version)

Added the following system functionality

• Update game software
  • Turn on the TV automatically when placing the Nintendo Switch console in the Nintendo Switch dock.
    • HDMI settings must also be enabled on your TV. Some TV models may be unable to use this feature. To turn on this feature for the Nintendo Switch console, head to System Settings > TV Settings > Match TV Power State
  • Display the battery percentage on the HOME Menu
    • To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > System > Console Battery (%)
  • Format the microSD card
    • To format, head to System Settings > System > Initialize > Format microSD Card

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the SDXC an all in one update? I purchased a 64gb, but will say a 256gb work later on or need another update?

And thanks everyone, updated Switch to 2.0FW. Just need my 64gb MC (arrives Wednesday) for the SDXC update and no then no more updating!

Its a quick three second update prompted when Switch detects a XC card.

I would get a demo from the eShop too, might be useful in the future.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you got money to burn, sure go ahead. It's probably useless since the time a hack comes around there will be plenty of Switches to go around (most likely). So update and enjoy it.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
<sarcasm> No don't do it! Don't even open it! Keep it in the box and proudly display your box on your mantle. Never touch it again. </sarcasm>

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would get a demo from the eShop too, might be useful in the future.

Demo? Are there demos? All I seen were 9 games 1 of which I already own (zelda). I would like to try some demos, where are they?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TapNorX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This scissor game has a demo, just go to the full version and under the pay button should be a demo download button. Not sure if there are more demos yet.

Last edited by TapNorX,

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the Tetris demo from that Japanese eShop (since the USA eShop demo is crap) and installed the SDXC update for my 64GB MC and updated to firmware 2.0. So that's it, got what I needed done. Now the waiting game.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Definitely update. The private ROP stuff hackers are using is on 2.0. Additionally, if 2.1 comes out and fixes the web applet, you could be stuck with choosing 1.0 or 2.1 thus locking you out of future hax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo...