Homebrew Discussion ~Switch Ban Fear Attention~ (For those that fear bans)

Do you fear ban? (Select one from choice 1 and 2)

• Choice 1: Yes (Before reading post)

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • Choice 1: No (Before reading post)

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • Choice 2: Yes (After reading post)

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Choice 2: No (After reading post)

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should make it white. I think you made it black by mistake.

LOL What? xD I'm not sure if this is a joke around here since I haven't been using GBA temp long. XD On my screen, the default, white would be invisible... On BLUE I feel black is visible... Right? Come on, make up your mind here. One wants blue. The other wants green. The other wants white and blue and green are invisible....

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL What? xD I'm not sure if this is a joke around here since I haven't been using GBA temp long. XD On my screen, the default, white would be invisible... On BLUE I feel back is visible... Right? Come on, make up your mind here. One wants blue. The other wants green. The other wants white and blue and green are invisible....

Right after orange is black. I cant see anything there. I wish I was joking. I found the blue was fine to me.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please elaborate what you do not understand and I will try my best to explain.

Interesting thought. But not really the point here. LOL If you are offline, even if your console is secretly connected to the internet at all times and they can ban you anytime, it won't be pushed and confirmed as a ban on your system yet until you "Officially" connect to the internet.

But I'm sure Nintendo Switch has no secret internet connection going on anyway. So physically you can't get banned by staying offline. And phsically Nintendo can't know if you modified your console offline. XD
I think after reading some of your responses i might be picking up what you're laying down. You're taking like a psychological approach to people's fears on getting banned like scarecrow in batman. It seems a little elaborate but serves a purpose i guess. Makes sense i guess, there is no way to avoid being banned and the whole topic is a non starter. Collecting all the ban info in world isn't going to do anything or give insight to not being banned whole still using cfw and alike.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Collecting all the ban info in world isn't going to do anything or give insight to not being banned whole still using cfw and alike.

That's EXACTLY my point. Many people still look for ways to not be banned, etc. Yeah you don't WANT to be banned but when you do these things... In the end it wouldn't matter since the only way to avoid a ban is not doing it.

Reactions: TheZander

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR. I don't care about a ban since I have another virgin Switch for online activities. That's the best (albeit more costly) approach to the whole ban risk.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And hey. The poll has 3 people not afraid after reading and and none still afraid after reading. (While some being afraid before reading.) so that's good. LOL :D

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: If I am banned, why should I NOT be upset?

Answer: Because you weren't using online features anyway because you were always offline with your modified Nintendo Switch in "Fear of ban"... Not realizing you're putting yourself in the position of someone's shoes that IS banned... Someone who can't use online features no matter the reason.

This isn't true for SX OS users. We can use XCIs/homebrew offline with stealth mode and then use our purchased content online in OFW.

Last edited by Freezerbomb,

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't true for SX OS users. We can use XCIs/homebrew offline with stealth mode and then use our purchased content online in OFW.

I knew someone would quote me on this saying how you were using online.
Of COURSE you were using online. If you weren't you probably wouldn't be so crazy on even ever going back to OFW.
But the point is, as I've said multiple times, as soon as you modify your console, SX INCLUDED, you will almost guarantee a ban because you breached the contract, even if they never find you. So because you did so you should really just forget about online in general. You did something you shouldn't have done as far as their terms go so it's a matter of time. Of course we all can cheat the system. Some may fail and some may not. But you breached their contract and according to Nintendo, that is a ban automatically when they find out. So if you want online? DO NOT MODIFY YOUR SOFTWARE. So even if you're not banned, DO NOT GO ONLINE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE BANNED.

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew someone would quote me on this saying how you were using online.
Of COURSE you were using online. If you weren't you probably wouldn't be so crazy on even ever going back to OFW.
But the point is, as I've said multiple times, as soon as you modify your console, SX INCLUDED, you will almost guarantee a ban because you breached the contract, even if they never find you. So because you did so you should really just forget about online in general. You did something you shouldn't have done as far as their terms go so it's a matter of time. Of course we all can cheat the system. Some may fail and some may not. But you breached their contract and according to Nintendo, that is a ban automatically when they find out. So if you want online? DO NOT MODIFY YOUR SOFTWARE. So even if you're not banned, DO NOT GO ONLINE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE BANNED.
You make a good point. However, they don't (shouldn't) care what you do in private. As long as your Switch is 100% stock when you go online, there's no issue. They don't ban modders as a punishment. They ban modders to keep the online experience enjoyable for everyone. If they wanted to punish modders, they would sue them :)

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You make a good point. However, they don't (shouldn't) care what you do in private. As long as your Switch is 100% stock when you go online, there's no issue. They don't ban modders as a punishment. They ban modders to keep the online experience enjoyable for everyone. If they wanted to punish modders, they would sue them :)

Very true. Nintendo is not trying to get revenge. You get banned for going online with mods because those who do not use mods feel like you are cheating and sometimes you can really break the way the game was made.

Think about this:
If Nintendo can see you are using a single player XCI instead of a cartridge but they can also see that you HAVE a cartridge (So you own the game.), do you think they won't ban you because "You aren't messing up others' experience"? They would still ban you because it states you are not to modify your console in these ways. Sometimes people get banned, sometimes people don't. Don't go online. Going online is literally "Hey Nintnedo. I breached your contract. :) Will you ban me or...?" Putting yourself in jail? XD

Reactions: Freezerbomb

cihalfaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contracts that require you to not do what you want with your things to be able to use your things (Nintendo has no online servers, it's all peer-to-peer; so don't pretend online play is their territory) are nonsense.

I just wanted to say this because I noticed you paying some lip service to the online contract "because it's Nintendo's." No, it really isn't. Nintendo is in the wrong here, all the way down.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Follow these five easy steps to avoid getting your Switch banned:

1. Don't play pirated games and go online. Ever.

Seriously. That's everything you need to know. Played a backup and went online with the console? That's it, you're up for a superban.
If you don't want to lose access to eshop, online play etc., stay legit. Done.
2.-Also don't use homebrew, these are also against TOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work